What is Infolinks?
Infolinks is an online advertising network, which offers various products in a form of underlined ads, banner ads and other forms of ads. This plugin looks really similarly to Text Enhance, Bonanza Deals and other adware-type applications that, according to hundreds of different reports, may infiltrate computers without an appropriate permission asked and then may start showing links and pop-up advertisements on each of web browsers. If you have been followed by Infolinks ads for a while, it might be that this or related program has infiltrated your computer without your permission asked. While we can't say that this program is spread just like viruses are, it has been relying on quite suspicious distribution method, which is called bundling. In addition, just like any other advertisement provider, Adsense or other, it may easily hijack each of your web browsers and then may start showing different kinds of ads. This is done for the only thing - sending visitors' traffic to particular websites and converting that into revenue. This process is usually called 'website monetization'. If you want to avoid Infolinks ads, you should check your computer with the reputable anti-spyware and remove related browser add-ons, plugins, extensions and toolbars. For that we highly recommend using SpyHunter.
How can INFOLINKS hijack my computer?
As we have said, InfoLinks doesn't infect computers. It starts showing its underlined words only when a browser add-on, which is related to it, infiltrates the system. In most of the cases, it is done without the permission of PC's owner by adding this 'optional component' to various freeware and shareware. Developers of such programs are involved to the distribution of adwares in exchange for money. Of course, who wouldn't like to earn some money by doing almost nothing? Fortunately, you can avoid Infolinks virus. For that you need to start monitoring installation of the freeware and select only Custom or Advanced installation option. Once you do that, make sure you uncheck all checkboxes that agree with the installation of suspicious browser add-ons, extensions and plugins. If this program enters PC, Infolinks starts turning keywords into ads that may start showing up as soon as you hover the mouse over the link. If the ad is clicked, website's owner earns revenue. If you would pay attention to various discussions on the Internet, you would see that there are many people who want to get rid of Infolinks. If you are one of them, follow a guide given below:
HOW TO REMOVE INFOLINKS virus?
To remove Infolinks, move your mouse over one of its ads and look for a question mark. Click that question mark and you should be redirected to a website, which offers you to click a link to opt-out of Infolinks ads. Note that you have to continue this for each site because there is no link available to get rid of Infolinks from all sites at once.
If the first method fails to work for you, you should follow the guide that is given below:
You can remove Infolinks automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Infolinks Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Infolinks and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Infolinks or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Infolinks or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Infolinks from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Infolinks and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Infolinks removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Infolinks and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Infolinks removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Infolinks and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Infolinks removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Infolinks or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Infolinks removal process.
Step 3: Complete Infolinks removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Infolinks registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Infolinks
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.