Infospace is an unfair search engine, which may show you altered search results and redirect you to unknown websites. Besides, you may also receive annoying pop-up advertisements when using infospace.com for your searches, and notice continuous slow downs on your browsers. Technically, Infospace should never be called as virus or malware, because it doesn't have a malicious code inside. If it showed up on your computer out of nowhere, that means the only thing – you downloaded this program on your computer together with other application. In this case, we recommend removing Infospace from the system and using more reputable search engines.
HOW CAN INFOSPACE GET INSIDE COMPUTER?
As we have already mentioned, Infospace can show up on your computer out of nowhere. In order to avoid that, you should always be careful when downloading freeware and shareware on your computer. We recommend choosing a custom installation method and opting out all additional downloads. As soon as Infospace is installed, it may alter some of PC's settings. Typically, it causes unwanted changes in the start page and default search engine, and may also download additional programs on the system. In order to prevent that, you should remove Infospace from your computer. For that, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE INFOSPACE?
People who want to get rid of InfoSpace should follow these removal steps:
First of all, eliminate SaveShare via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for InfoSpace and other entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove InfoSpace add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for InfoSpace and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Also change the start page if it was altered by this program.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find InfoSpace and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, change the start page if it was altered by this program.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look forInfoSpace extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Change the start page if it was altered by this program
We also recommend scaning the system with updated anti-spyware and eliminating all potentially malicious entries.
Geolocation of Infospace
Comments on Infospace
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.