What is Internet Helper?
Internet Helper Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application, which can be used for collecting information about users and their browsing habits. For example, it can say what sites are your favorite ones, how do they look at the moment, what are they filled with and what information was entered on them by you. This toolbar can be attached to almost all of web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and others as a browser add-on. However, in most of the cases it comes on its target PC system in a bundle with other programs, so you may not even know that is is hiding in your machine. This distribution method is clearly malicious and it has already initiated lots of discussions on various security forum. If you have just noticed that Internet Helper toolbar is appearing as soon as you start your browsing, it means that your computer has already been hijacked. It’s worth adding that you should never ignore such thing because programs that are spread using such methods are very suspicious and are mostly used for unfair activities. Finally, you should also take into account that this program is closely related to Search.Conduit.com, so it may set this site instead of the start page and default search engine. If you have noticed these changes on your computer, you should never ignore them. While Internet Helper Toolbar is NOT as dangerous as rogue or ransomware, it may pose harm to you and your computer by showing altered search results and initiating other activities. If you haven’t installed this program manually, you should remove it from the system. For that we highly recommend using Reimage.
How can Internet Helper Toolbar hijack my computer?
Internet Helper Toolbar can be downloaded manually from its official site or in a bundle with other applications. Just like hundreds of other adware-type programs, it may get on your computer in a bundle with the third party software. Typically, freeware and shareware applications are involved to its distribution and this is done for the only thing - monetization. If you want to avoid this toolbar or other programs that belong to browser hijacker or adware category, so you should be very careful when downloading them to your machine. Please, always check what is hiding in them by selecting Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck the checkbox that agrees with Internet Helper Toolbar's installation. As soon as it is installed, this program may initiate system’s modifications and then may start promoting unethical search engine, which is called Conduit. If you want to prevent unwanted changes on your computer, you should uninstall Internet Helper Toolbar from your computer without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE Internet Helper Toolbar?
In order to remove Internet Helper Toolbar and stop its pop-up ads, you should scan your PC with updated security software. Of course, you can also fix each of the browsers and uninstall this toolbar from your machine with a help of this guide:
You can remove Internet Helper Toolbar automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Internet Helper Toolbar manual removal
Step 2. Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Safari
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Internet Helper Toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Internet Helper Toolbar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Internet Helper Toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Internet Helper Toolbar removal.
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Internet Helper Toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Internet Helper Toolbar removal.
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Internet Helper Toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Internet Helper Toolbar removal.
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Internet Helper Toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Internet Helper Toolbar removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Internet Helper Toolbar
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Internet Helper Toolbar
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.