Internet Surveillance Program virus (you can also find it called as NSA Internet Surveillance Program virus) is a dangerous ransomware, which can show up on almost every computer that is poorly protected. Once it gets inside the system, it locks the whole system down and disconnects its victim from the Internet connection. This ability helps for scammers to postpone the removal of their virus. Besides, Internet Surveillance Program virus is also set to replace PC's desktop with a huge notification, which seems to belong to the National Security Agency and Department of Justice. This warning reports about various law violations detected and asks to pay the fine of 300 dollars. Of course, you should never do that because this alert has nothing to do with any kind of governmental organization. If you see it, it means that you are infected. We recommend running a full system scan with updated anti-spyware and eliminating Internet Surveillance Program virus from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Internet Surveillance Program virus?
In reality, NSA Internet Surveillance Program virus is distributed by trojan horse, which exploits security vulnerabilities when trying to infiltrate computers without any sign. Users who want to prevent its infiltration should know that it hides inside illegal websites, spam and unregistered applications. If such trojan infiltrates its target PC, it downloads malicious files that belong to Internet Surveillance Program virus. As a result, user starts seeing misleading warning that tries to convince him/her about serious law violations and the importance to pay the fine:
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN LOCKED!
Your computer has been locked due to suspicion of illegal content downloading and distribution.
The illegal content (photo and video files) was automatically classified as Child pornographic materials.
The downloading and distribution of illigal content, in the whole part, violate following U.S.Federal Laws:
In order to resolve the situation in an above mentioned way you should pay a fine of $300.
Please, ignore the misleading alert that belong to Internet Surveillance Program virus! You should follow a detailed guide, which is given below and remove this infection from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Internet Surveillance Program virus?
Remember, you should never open suspiciously-looking email attachments and practice safe web browsing in order to avoid this ransomware virus. If you have already been locked by this threat, follow these steps to unlock your computer and remove Internet Surveillance Program virus:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Internet Surveillance Program virus once more and run a full system scan with your anti-spyware.
* Users infected with Internet Surveillance Program virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Internet Surveillance Program virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.
Internet Surveillance Program virus manual removal: