ItsMyApp is not a malicious infection or virus. Nevertheless, its presence on your computer reveals the fact that you have a potentially unwanted program (also known as PUP) installed on it. To be more precise, ItsMyApp is a directory that can be created by various adwares, potentially unwanted programs and other ad-supported applications once they enter computer. Usually, this folder is used to store back-up files and similar data. In this particular case, we discovered that this directory is closely related to a download manager, which is called EZDownloader, but we believe that there are tens of other apps that are related to it. If you noticed ItsMyApp virus on your PC, you should remove it with all potentially unwanted programs that are related to it.
ItsMyApp may appear on your computer right after installing unfamiliar and questionable freeware. As we have mentioned before, it is possible to get this potentially unwanted intruder in a bundle with EZDownloader. However, there are hundreds of other freewares that can easily transmit ItsMyApp to your computer. That is why you should be very careful and closely check every single program that you want to install. Firstly, read end-user license agreement (EULA) section before any questionable installation. Secondly, don't be too hasty and avoid selecting 'quick', 'basic', or 'recommended' installation option for doubtful freewares. Instead, select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation method and closely follow the entire process. Finally, try to spot unwanted attachments (apps, toolbars, extensions, add-ons, plug-ins, games, etc.), unmark them and continue your installation.
First of all, you need to locate the ItsMyApp folder and remove it. As we have mentioned before, this folder may store back-up files for various ad-supported applications and unwanted programs. Right after you remove this folder, you need to remove all applications that are related to it. Follow these instructions and remove ItsMyApp from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Live Support, PC Optimizer Pro, SaveOn, EZ Downloader or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
Information added: 06/03/14 03:12;
information updated: 06/03/14 03:12