What is Jotzey?
Jotzey is a questionable program, which has been added to adware and potentially unwanted program categories. While the use of these terms does not mean that you are dealing with the virus, you should still be very careful with this program because there are some activities that can be initiated by it without your approval. First of all, Jotzey can be installed together with cookies that are tracking PC users and collecting their personally non-identifiable information. Besides, after adding this browser add-on to your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or other web browser you may start seeing annoying Jotzey ads on each of these browsers. They are typically labelled as Jotzey Deals, Ads by Jotzey or Jotzey Ads. Please, stay away from these messages because they can easily make you visit insecure websites that seek not only increase the traffic of their visitors but may also trick you into installing other adware on the system. Besides, a common problem, which is related to this program, is slow downs that can be noticed on both, web browser and PC system. If you want to avoid them, you should definitely remove Jotzey from your computer. For that you can use a guide given down below or updated version of SpyHunter.
How can Jotzey infiltrate my computer?
Jotzey application is mostly spread in a bundle with free downloads, so you can easily add it to your PC system and each of your web browsers without knowing that. Such programs are very popular because they are free and can attract hundreds of PC users. However, it doesn't mean that you have to avoid freeware for protecting your computer from adwares, browser hijackers and similar potentially unwanted programs. You just need to double check each of them before their installation.
In order not to allow Jotzey hijack your PC system, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation process of the freeware when downloading such software to your computer. In addition, we recommend unchecking all check marks that agree with the installation of web browser plugins, add-ons, extensions and similar additional downloads. If you missed the check mark that allows installation of Jotzey adware, there is no surprise why continuous pop-up ads, in-text links, banner ads and similar content appears on your PC's desktop. Please, be careful with these ads that report about discounts, coupons and similar things, because they may trick you into visiting questionable websites.
How to remove Jotzey?
We don't recommend trusting Jotzey ads because they are used for making the money from the increased web traffic, page rank and sales. Besides, they may also push you into installing other adware on your computer. In order to avoid that, we recommend removing Jotzey adware from the system. First of all, you can use updated anti-spyware for checking your entire PC system and removing each of suspicious or even dangerous files. However, if you don't want to install any of these programs that are given below and get rid of this program automatically, you can also select Manual removal option. In this case, you should carefully follow each of these steps that are given down below.
You can remove Jotzey automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Jotzey Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Jotzey and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Jotzey from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Jotzey from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Jotzey or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Jotzey from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Jotzey or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Jotzey from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Jotzey from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Jotzey and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Jotzey removal.
Remove Jotzey from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Jotzey and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Jotzey removal.
Remove Jotzey from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Jotzey and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Jotzey removal.
Remove Jotzey from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Jotzey or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Jotzey removal process.
Step 3: Complete Jotzey removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Jotzey registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.