Jotzey is a program, which can also be categorized as an adware. We say so because it is spread using unfair distribution methods that are typically related to freeware and shareware. Besides, by adding its own web browser plugin to all web browsers, Jotzey hijacks each of them and starts misusing them for its own intentions. That's why you may start seeing continuous pop-up notifications that present themselves as Jotzey Deals or Jotzey Ads. Please, stay away from these messages because they can easily make you visit insecure websites that seek not only increase the traffic of their visitors but may also trick you into installing other adware on the system. Besides, a common problem, which is related to this program is Jotzey redirects and browser's slow downs.
How can Jotzey infiltrate my computer?
Jotzey virus is mostly spread in a bundle with free downloads. Such programs are very popular because they are free and can attract hundreds of PC users. However, it doesn't mean that you have to avoid freeware for protecting your computer from adwares. This can also be done by choosing Custom or Advanced installation process of the freeware and then unchecking all check marks that agree with the installation of web browser plugins, add-ons, extensions and similar additional downloads. If you missed the check mark that agrees with Jotzey's installation, you can expect continuous pop-up ads that typically report about discounts, coupons and similar things. We don't recommend trusting them because they are displayed only for making some easy money from unaware PC users.
How to remove Jotzey?
We don't recommend trusting Jotzey ads because they are used for making the money from the increased web traffic, page rank and sales. Besides, they may also push you into installing other adware on your computer. In order to avoid that, we recommend removing Jotzey adware from the system. First of all, you can used one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Once you finish a scan, uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Jotzey and other unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
After that, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use