What is KeepVid.com?
KeepVid.com is page, which is promoted as a place where you can find steaming videos. You can also download them straight to your computer by simply entering the link to the search bar. However, while it seems to be legitimate and safe, this page has also been reported to cause unwanted redirections to unknown websites. Beware that this may lead you to suspicious, questionable and even malicious sites, so you should try to avoid KeepVid.com redirects as hard as you can. This and some other things have made security experts to include this program to a 'potentially unwanted program' and 'a browser hijacker' categories. This means that KeepVid.com is not a virus, but it may easily cause lots of unwanted activities on your computer. There is no surprise in that because it seems that this page and its developers are closely related to Ilivid and all of its versions, such as iLivid New Tab hijacker, lp.ilivid.com, etc. Beware that these programs have already been added to our website as suspicious ones. According to their victims, they cause lots of annoying ads, redirects, tracking of their browsing habits and similar questionable activities. Beware that KeepVid.com may also cause unwanted changes on your web browsers. This program is mostly used to change the default search engine and the new tab page on each of web browsers that are installed on the system. If you can't avoid KeepVid.com redirects, slow downs and similar havoc when using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE or other web browser, it's a sign that you should double check your computer. This activity clearly shows that Keepvid.com-related software has already entered your machine, so you should waste no time and check it with reputable anti-spyware. In this case, we recommend using SpyHunter. If you are using Mac OS X, you should try Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
How can KeepVid.com hijack my computer?
KeepVid.com redirects and other unwanted activities may start interrupting you out of nowhere. Beware that in this case, you should check your machine with updated anti-spyware because it means that you have just installed related freeware on your computer without checking what free components are added to it. Beware that there are lots of browser hijackers and adwares that can easily try to enter your system together with other programs. If you want to avoid this, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware by selecting custom or advanced installation option. Otherwise, you may allow installation of a suspicious program that may try to alter your computer’s settings and then may start causing annoying redirections. Note that you may find out that your homepage or a default search engine has also been modified by keepvid.com. In this case, you should think about fixing your computer with the reliable anti-spyware. Of course, you can also follow a guide below and do everything manually.
How can I remove KeepVid.com virus?
In order to start using your PC normally and stop KeepVid.com redirects, you should follow these steps:
You can remove KeepVid.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove KeepVid.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove KeepVid.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove KeepVid.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove KeepVid.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove KeepVid.com from Safari
Remove KeepVid.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove KeepVid.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for KeepVid.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove KeepVid.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for KeepVid.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove KeepVid.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for KeepVid.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete KeepVid.com removal.
Remove KeepVid.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select KeepVid.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete KeepVid.com removal.
Remove KeepVid.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select KeepVid.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete KeepVid.com removal.
Remove KeepVid.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for KeepVid.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by KeepVid.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete KeepVid.com removal process.
Complete KeepVid.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of KeepVid.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of KeepVid.com
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on KeepVid.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.