What is Less Tabs?
Less Tabs is a potentially unwanted program, which can get inside PC's system without a clear permission asked. After that, it may start showing annoying pop-up ads and may also initiate other unwanted activities, so there is no wonder why many security experts have started to call this program as 'adware'. Of course, you can download it in a regular way and install it manually just like any other software, but we know that you should think twice before doing so. That's because of previously mentioned activities. Besides, beware that Less Tabs may appear on your computer without your permission asked. In fact, we keep receiving tens of reports about surprising discovery of this browser add-on. That's because it has been actively spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware.
If it has already hijacked your computer, you should know that you should try to remove it without wasting your time. We say so because LessTabs virus may initiate lots of unwanted activities on your computer. It may start displaying banners, search boxes, pop-up ads and in-text ads when you are visiting such websites as Wikipedia, YouTube and similar places. In addition to Less Tabs ads, this program may also turn your browsing sessions into annoying routine because it may start redirecting you to its affiliate websites. In most of the cases, these sites seek to increase their page rank or sales, so you should be very careful when visiting them. Besides, it seems that similarly to other adwares this program may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect various data, which is related to it. This can be stopped using the only method - uninstalling this software. If you haven't installed Less Tabs manually, you should remove it from your PC without wasting you time. This can be does using SpyHunter or other reputable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN LESS TABS HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Less Tabs is mostly promoted via unfair distribution methods that are known as bundling. Typically, it can be downloaded from its official website or it may enter computers as any other adware - in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then keep an eye on every installation window of the software. In addition, you should uncheck all suspicious checkmarks that claim that you want to install 'optional components', such as various browser add-ons, extensions, plugins, toolbars, etc. As soon as this program gets on its target machine, it starts its annoying behavior, which is based on constant pop-up ads that say “powered by Less Tabs”. While most of these ads are not dangerous and they can be easily ignored, you should remove LessTabs if you haven't installed it manually.
HOW TO REMOVE LESS TABS VIRUS?
In order to get rid of Less Tabs ads, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware or use a guide below and fix each of your web browsers manually.
You can remove Less Tabs automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Less Tabs Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Less Tabs and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Less Tabs or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Less Tabs or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Less Tabs from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Less Tabs and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Less Tabs removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Less Tabs and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Less Tabs removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Less Tabs and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Less Tabs removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Less Tabs or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Less Tabs removal process.
Step 3: Complete Less Tabs removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Less Tabs registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Less Tabs
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.