Lightning SpeedDial is a program, which belongs to 'adware' category. It can easily infiltrate computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware, so you should be very careful when downloading such programs from the Internet. As soon as it enters the system, it modifies its settings. Be sure that this program can easily hijack the homepage, default search engine or a new tab page to the Lightning SpeedDial NewTab. In addition, it may also start displaying continuous pop-up ads and use other techniques for making you visit related websites. According to experts, Lightning SpeedDial virus is used for helping its creators display altered search results and boosting advertising revenue. If you are annoyed by its redirections and ads, you should remove this adware from your computer.
How can Lightning SpeedDial infiltrate my computer?
Lightning SpeedDial is spread in a bundle with various free programs. You can download this application in one pack with recording or streaming software, download managers, PDF creators and other free applications. Lightning SpeedDial is typically presented as a 'free addition', which can be prevented by deselecting the check box that says that you agree to install it. For that, you should always choose a Custom or Advanced installation method and forget about clicking 'Next' button until 'Finish' button shows up. If you noticed Lightning SpeedDial redirect when browsing on the Internet, it's a sign that this program has infiltrated your computer. In this case, you should follow a guide below and remove it from the system.
How to remove Lightning SpeedDial?
Lightning SpeedDial is not a virus or malware. However, it can be used for potentially malicious activities, like make people visit insecure websites, make them install insecure programs and similar tasks. That's why we recommend avoiding Lightning SpeedDial. In order to remove this program, make sure you follow this guide:
- Remove unknown freeware through Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Lightning SpeedDial NewTab, Lightning SpeedDial 1.1.8 and other unknown programs, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.
Comments on Lightning SpeedDial New Tab
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.