What is LinkSicle?
LinkSicle is another program, which deserves to be included to 'adware' and a 'potentially unwanted program' categories. That's because this browser add-on can easily infiltrate your computer without any permission asked and then may cause various suspicious and unwanted activities. After entering the system as an optional component of other programs (download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software, etc.), it may immediately alter the settings of each of your web browsers. While it can hardly alter your start page or the default search engine, it may be the cause unknown browser add-ons appearing on your web browser. After making that, LinkSicle adware starts its annoying activity on all web browsers that are installed on computer. Typically, it shows different kinds of ads, in-text links, banner ads and similar content. Remember that these ads may look like harmless notifications that are seeking to warn you about discounts, coupons and similar things. However, all what they need to do is to trick PC users into visiting questionable websites and helping them to increase their page rank or sales.
Beware that this program is not as useful as it looks from the first sight. No matter that it claims that it is capable of improving people's browsing on Internet and making their text translation tasks faster and easier, LinkSicle may fail to do that. In fact, we haven't managed to find a person who has saved the money with a help of this application. If continuous pop-up notifications from LinkSicle adware have been following you, you should also know that this app may track your browsing on the Internet and may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting these sites, etc. Please, be very careful with this and similar browser add-ons! If you want to get rid of commercial notifications from LinkSicle, you should check your computer with the reputable anti-spyware and get rid of suspicious files. You can do that with a help of SpyHunter (compatible with Windows OS), Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Mac OS X and Windows OS) or other reputable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN LinkSicle hijack MY COMPUTER?
In most of occasions, LinkSicle shows up on computer out of nowhere. That's because it relies on a specific distribution method, which is called 'bundling'. If you want to avoid its infiltration, be very careful with such free programs and their installation. You should always choose 'Custom' or 'Advanced' installation method when downloading them on your computer and uncheck those checkboxes that agree with additional downloads like this one. Otherwise, you may download LinkSicle or other freeware without even knowing about that. As soon as it gets inside the system, this browser add-on installs on every Internet browser, which can be found on the system. In order to remove it, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE LINKSICLE adware?
LinkSicle is not a virus or malware. However, it should be eliminated if you want to get rid of its ads. For that, you should follow these steps:
You can remove LinkSicle automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual LinkSicle Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall LinkSicle and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove LinkSicle from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove LinkSicle from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for LinkSicle or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove LinkSicle from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for LinkSicle or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall LinkSicle from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove LinkSicle from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for LinkSicle and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete LinkSicle removal.
Remove LinkSicle from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select LinkSicle and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete LinkSicle removal.
Remove LinkSicle from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select LinkSicle and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete LinkSicle removal.
Remove LinkSicle from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for LinkSicle or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete LinkSicle removal process.
Step 3: Complete LinkSicle removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of LinkSicle registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of LinkSicle
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.