What is Lucky Leap?
Lucky Leap is a potentially unwanted application, which can also be called as adware. What does that mean? It doesn't mean that your computer was affected by virus. Nevertheless, there are some things that you have to remember about this browser add on, which is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other web browsers. The main reason, why we decided to write about this program, is that it tends to show annoying pop-up notifications every time when users start their browsing on the Internet. Typically, these ads are displayed when visiting shopping sites, such as eBay, Amazon and others, but they may also interrupt you when you are visiting other domains. According to hundreds of PC users, it's very annoying thing that can hardly be ignored. In addition, you may also notice Lucky Leap redirects, slowdowns and other unwanted activities on your computer when having this questionable program installed on it. Beware that it may get inside your computer without a clear notification about that because such programs are mostly spread using unfair distribution methods. One of the mostly known among them is called bundling. If you want to know more about this method, you should read next paragraph. In addition, you should know that you have to remove this program from the system if it has infiltrated it without your permission asked. If you want to get rid of Lucky Leap virus and commercial pop-up ads that are typically displayed by it, download SpyHunter or follow a guide at the end of this post.
HOW CAN Lucky Leap hijack my COMPUTER?
HOW TO REMOVE Lucky Leap virus?
If you haven't installed Lucky Leap on your computer manually and you want to get rid of it, remove this program through Add/Remove Programs list. You should also uninstall 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom. For that, use these steps:
You can remove Lucky Leap automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Lucky Leap manual removal
Manual Lucky Leap Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Lucky Leap and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Lucky Leap or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Lucky Leap or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Lucky Leap from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Lucky Leap and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Lucky Leap removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Lucky Leap and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Lucky Leap removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Lucky Leap and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Lucky Leap removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Lucky Leap or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Lucky Leap removal process.
Step 3: Complete Lucky Leap removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Lucky Leap registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Lucky Leap
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.