What kind of program is MapsGalaxy?
MapsGalaxy is a program that is presented as a tool dedicated to improving users’ browsing experience. It provides various content, such as maps, traffic conditions, directions, etc. We must say that many PC users find it effective, but we think that we have to warn you about several negative things, such as MapsGalaxy redirect issue.
First of all, it has been reported that with user’s permission, this potentially unwanted program may install its extensions to all of the web browsers. Also, it may alter system settings and then initiate annoying redirects to mywebsearch.com and other questionable search engines. What this application usually does, is that it replaces user’s current homepage to home.mywebsearch.com and the default search engine to mywebsearch. This search engine is known to be displaying a lot of sponsored search results. Beware that you may also notice that your new tab page may also be altered by MapsGalaxy application.
We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times.
We may use information that we collect about you to […] Enable us and our search and advertising partners to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests when you use the MS Services, other websites and services, or mobile applications.
As you can see, this data can be used for targeted advertising and similar things, so you should keep it private. There is no guarantee that you will be redirected to safe web sources, “For example, if you click on an advertisement, you may be taken to a website that we do not control,” say the developers of this application. There is no doubt that using this program MIGHT lead you to suspicious web sources, so why take the risk? Even the developers of it agree with that:
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure.
If you wish to remove it from your system, we recommend reading the MapsGalaxy removal guide that is provided on page 2.
Tips to install programs safely:
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of File Send Suite toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this application?
To remove MapsGalaxy, please follow the instructions below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to MapsGalaxy Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for MapsGalaxy and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (MapsGalaxy Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.
Finally, we recommend scanning the computer with a reputable anti-spyware. This will let you make sure that your computer is free of this program.