MaxWebSearch virus is annoying infection, browser hijacker, which gets inside the system without any permission asked. Besides, it never asks a permission when it decides to alter computer's settings and attaches its add-ons, extensions and toolbars to all Internet browsers user has installed on the PC. As a result, victim finds out that he is continuously redirected to maxwebsearch.com and other unwanted websites, and that he is not capable to use Google or Yahoo anymore. While it may seem from the first sight that you have been redirected to a normal search site, you should never believe its results given. Such search websites are capable to give only forged or paid search results for their victims. Remember, once you start suffering from redirections to MaxWebSearch.com, OnewebSearch.com and similar websites, you must scan your machine with reputable anti-spyware because this domain relies on browser hijackers and black-hat techniques.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED MaxWebSearch virus?
MaxWebSearch virus is capable to infect any system without a permission asked. Mostly, it gets inside together with other downloads that have been secretly infected by malware or spyware. Note that this virus can also get on the PC after visiting illegal gaming and gambling websites, so you should definitely avoid them. Once it is downloaded, MaxWebSearch virus is set to hijack all browsers, like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. This results in continuous redirections to maxwebsearch.com and other unwanted domains. In order to stop that, you should remove MaxWebSearch virus from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE MaxWebSearch virus?
MaxWebSearch virus is not considered as a great risk virus, but you shouldn't leave it on your PC because it may redirect you to malicious websites. So, in order to avoid getting infected with more dangerous threats, you should run anti-virus software and eliminate browser hijacker from the system.
You can remove MaxWebSearch automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove MaxWebSearch from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove MaxWebSearch from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove MaxWebSearch from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove MaxWebSearch from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove MaxWebSearch from Safari
Remove MaxWebSearch from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove MaxWebSearch from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for MaxWebSearch or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove MaxWebSearch from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for MaxWebSearch or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove MaxWebSearch from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for MaxWebSearch and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete MaxWebSearch removal.
Remove MaxWebSearch from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select MaxWebSearch and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete MaxWebSearch removal.
Remove MaxWebSearch from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select MaxWebSearch and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete MaxWebSearch removal.
Remove MaxWebSearch from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for MaxWebSearch or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by MaxWebSearch, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete MaxWebSearch removal process.
Complete MaxWebSearch virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of MaxWebSearch registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on MaxWebSearch virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.