MediaForce is yet another suspicious extension for your browser that may generate intrusive advertisements, try to redirect you to affiliated websites, track your online activities and even make your browser work more slowly. You may see ads that are labeled as 'Ads by MediaForce', 'Powered by MediaForce', 'MediaForce Deals', 'MediaForce ads'. No matter what website you visit or what browser you use, these annoying ads may follow you everywhere. That is why many internet users are assuming that MediaForce is a virus. Hence, well-known and respectable security vendors are labeling this unwanted program as an adware and a potential threat. Read this whole article and find more information about this dubious adware, how it travels and how to remove it.
How can MediaForce hijack my computer?
Ads by MediaForce may flood you right after installing a doubtful freeware. In fact, researches have shown that the most common cause of an adware infection is a freewares. That is because freewares usually travel together with such ad-supported attachments as MediaForce. In addition to that, if you want to avoid these unwanted intruders, you should always check whether programs that you are going to install are safe enough. MediaForce virus may hide as an attachment; therefore, attentively follow the entire installation and try to find such hidden additions. For that, select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation method and read end-user license agreement (EULA) section. All these precautions may take a couple of minutes; however, you should easily protect your computer from similar cyber threats.
How to remove MediaForce virus from my computer?
Check your Add/Remove Programs folder and try to find this intruder. You should also check your browsers and look for this extension. Don't let MediaForce redirects annoy you, act now and remove this trespasser. These guidelines should help you.
- Remove the freeware, which is related to MediaForce:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as MediaForce, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as MediaForce.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.