Metacrawler Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application, which can easily affect all Internet browsers that can be found on computer. Besides, it also relies on a sneaky infiltration technique, which can hardly be noticed. In order to avoid such programs, you have to make sure that you pay enough attention to freeware's and shareware's installation process. Typically, you should find a check mark that agrees to install toolbar and deselect it. After testing Metacrawler Toolbar on our computers, we discovered that it is closely related to Search.conduit.com virus and MetaCrawler.com virus. So, if you want to avoid browser redirections, commercial pop-up ads and similar issues when browsing on the Internet, we recommend uninstalling MetaCrawler Toolbar from the system.
HOW CAN Metacrawler Toolbar INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
MetaCrawler Toolbar's distribution is closely related to freeware and shareware. Of course, avoiding free downloads is the easiest way to prevent its infiltration. However, you can also use other method that can help you to avoid MetaCrawler Toolbar. Basically, you need to choose a Custom or Advanced installation method when installing freeware on your computer. Once you find a check mark that agrees to install this toolbar on your computer, you should deselect it. Beware that MetaCrawler Toolbar is usually presented as a powerful tool fro searching the web. However, you should take into account that it may return you altered search results and initiate other issues for you.
HOW TO REMOVE Metacrawler Toolbar?
If you found Metacrawler Toolbar on your computer, we recommend eliminating this program from your computer. For that, you can follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Metacrawler Toolbar and similar unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Metacrawler Toolbar add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Metacrawler Toolbar and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Once you remove it, change your start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Metacrawler Toolbar and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Metacrawler Toolbar extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Don't forget to change start page.
Finally, scan the system with one of these programs and make sure that it's free of viruses: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use