What is mixidj.delta-search.com?
Mixidj.delta-search.com (also known as Mixi DJ Search) is one of these search engines that have been labeled as browser hijackers. Typically, they hijack the system and start working on trying to increase the number of predetermined websites' visitors. In fact, it can be even said that it belongs to the same gang as Delta Homes, Delta Search and Mixi.dj virus. As soon as this browser hijacker gets inside the system, it makes some secret modifications there and starts rerouting victims' search sessions. Beware that mixidj.delta-search.com hijacker can easily show you altered search results with the intention to trick you into visiting unknown and suspicious websites. Besides, you may find this site instead of your homepage and the default search engine out of nowhere. Please, do not ignore such system's changes because they can clearly reveal the fact that your machine has been affected. We highly recommend checking your computer with updated anti-spyware and removing mixidj.delta-search.com redirect virus from it. Besides, you should avoid using mixidj.delta-search.com for your search sessions because it gives only paid search results that may additionally lead your PC to the infiltration of more serious virus.
How can mixidj.delta-search.com hijack my computer?
There are numerous ways how you can download this browser hijacker to your computer and then start suffering from mixidj.delta-search.com redirects and similar issues. The first of them requires your clear knowledge because there are lots of download websites that promote it. However, you shouldn't fall for installing this search site on your machine because it may show you altered search results and may try to redirect you to suspicious domains. Besides, this potentially unwanted program can also be downloaded in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That's why you should also avoid 'Quick', 'Recommended' or similar installation of the freeware. Instead of these methods, make sure you select 'Advanced' or 'Custom' installation method and then opt out of additional components. If this browser hijacker gets inside its target PC system, it can easily affect all of your web browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Besides, it may change your homepage and the default search engine without your permission asked, and then start showing you altered search results, pop-up ads and similar content during each of your browsing sessions. Many users have already been tricked by it and have started using this site for their search sessions. However, beware that mixidj.delta-search.com's search results differ from the ones that are displayed by Google and are always filled with various commercial advertisements. We do NOT recommend using this site for your searches.
HOW TO REMOVE mixidj.delta-search.com virus?
If you think that your PC has already been hijacked by mixidj.delta-search.com, you should not wait for its altered search results and redirects to its affiliate websites. In this case, you should remove this browser hijacker and continue using your typical search engine, like Google, Yahoo or Bing. For that you can either run a full system scan with with updated anti-spyware or use a manual removal guide that is given below. Please, be very careful when using this removal option and make sure that you perform each of its steps in right order!
You can remove mixidj.delta-search.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual mixidj.delta-search.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall mixidj.delta-search.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for mixidj.delta-search.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for mixidj.delta-search.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall mixidj.delta-search.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for mixidj.delta-search.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete mixidj.delta-search.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select mixidj.delta-search.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete mixidj.delta-search.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select mixidj.delta-search.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete mixidj.delta-search.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for mixidj.delta-search.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by mixidj.delta-search.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete mixidj.delta-search.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete mixidj.delta-search.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of mixidj.delta-search.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.