Montera Toolbar is a malicious application, which can also be categorized as adware. This program is developed by the same company as Claro Search Toolbar, which is known as Montera Technologies LTD. The main reason, why our security experts have started to include programs of this company to 2spyware data base is really simple – it clearly applies malicious methods when trying to distribute its programs. So, just like those programs that have already mentioned on our website, Montera Toolbar can get inside its target PC system in a bundle with other software without any permission asked. Besides, as soon as it settles down, it modifies computer's settings and starts appearing on every web browser, which is installed on the PC. Please, keep in mind that Montera Toolbar may be set to track your browsing habits, show forged search results and cause annoying redirections to malicious websites. If yu haven't installed it on your PC manually, you should remove Montera Toolbar as soon as possible.
HOW CAN I GET MONTERA TOOLBAR ON MY COMPUTER?
Montera Toolbar is promoted via two different methods: it can be downloaded from its official website or may come on its target PC in a bundle with other software, such as Babylon Toolbar. If you want to prevent such programs, you should carefully follow each of installation windows and uncheck all unfamiliar entries that are displayed on them. As soon as it gets inside the system, Montera Toolbar modifies computer's parameters and starts showing up on all Internet browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Please, don't think that this program will improve your browsing experience. We recommend uninstalling Montera Toolbar from your PC without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE Montera Toolbar?
Montera Toolbar can easily affect all web browsers that are installed on your PC. That's why you should get rid of this program. For that, follow these steps:
You can remove Montera Toolbar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Montera Toolbar from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Montera Toolbar from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Montera Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Montera Toolbar from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Montera Toolbar from Safari
Remove Montera Toolbar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Montera Toolbar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Montera Toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Montera Toolbar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Montera Toolbar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Montera Toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Montera Toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Montera Toolbar removal.
Remove Montera Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Montera Toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Montera Toolbar removal.
Remove Montera Toolbar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Montera Toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Montera Toolbar removal.
Remove Montera Toolbar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Montera Toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Montera Toolbar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Montera Toolbar removal process.
Complete Montera Toolbar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Montera Toolbar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on Montera Toolbar
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.