MossNet is a widely-spread questionable program that promises to deliver more relevant advertisements, coupons and comparison deals for online shoppers. If you added this program to your system, then you may get more than you've expected. This adware type program was developed only to drive traffic to sponsored websites. In order to attract more traffic, MossNet hijacks web browsers and starts spamming people with its irritating pop-ups and other advertisements, hoping that you will click on them. Don't be fooled and don't click on any of these pop-ups, because you may discover that MossNet redirected your browser to insecure or dubious website. Security experts are also debating that similar ad-supported programs may collect personally identifiable information, such as visited websites, searches conducted and other internet surfing habits.
How can MossNet infiltrate my PC?
MossNet is mostly distributed with a help of questionable freewares, sharewares and other third-party programs from unknown sources. In general, this distribution method is called bundling. Using this method, MossNet virus may infiltrate your system after the installation of a questionable program, such as HD Youtube Converter, Video Streaming Tool, PDF File Converter, etc. In order to protect your system from unwanted pests, you should take some extra precautionary measures. Firstly, you should read the terms of agreement that can be found in policy section before any installation. Secondly, you should select “advanced” or “custom” installation method in order to follow each installation step. Thirdly, follow each installation process closely and unmark any additional extensions, such as MossNet. By following these simple rules you will have a much higher chance to protect your system. If you think that this program has already been installed on your computer, follow these steps:
How to remove MossNet virus from my PC?
Although MossNet isn't considered a big threat, don't underestimate this program. If you will leave it for too long in your system, chances are that one day you may be redirected to a virus-infected website. For safe and quick removal of this ad-supported program, follow these steps, submitted below:
- Remove potentially unwanted programs from the system, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for MossNet and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Fix each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.