Motitags Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program, which can change your system settings as soon as it infiltrates computer. Beware that these changes can cause redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up notifications and similar issues that are expected to help its creators earn some money. It seems that this program is related to quite popular search engine ask.com because it frequently alters homepage to home.tb.ask.com and changes default search engine to search.tb.ask.com. If you noticed such changes, you should check your computer for Motitags Toolbar. In most of the cases, it gets inside computers behind user’s back and then affects all web browsers that are installed on the system without any permission asked.
How can Motitags Toolbar infiltrate my computer?
Motitags Toolbar is promoted in a bundle with free downloads. This distribution method has initiated various discussions on the Internet because people are not notified about installation of two programs instead of one clearly. In order to avoid Motitags Toolbar, you should choose a custom or advanced installation method when downloading freeware on your computer. In addition, you should uncheck these check boxes that say that you agree to install this program on your computer. Otherwise, you may expect continuous advertisements, banner ads and sponsored links in your search results that seek to boost advertising revenue and earn the money. Besides, this toolbar may be set to track PC users and collect information about their browsing habits.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of Motitags Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove Motitags Toolbar?
If you were tricked into installing Motitags Toolbar on your computer and you want to remove it from there, you should follow these instructions:
- Uninstall programs that are related to Motitags Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Motitags Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Motitags Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.