My Hoome might look for you like a trustworthy search engine, which can be used for daily search sessions. However, it's just another site that returns altered search results, displays banner ads and uses other forms of website promotion. Besides, it mostly infiltrates computers without a clear permission asked and affects all web browsers that can be found on the system. If you found myhoome.com instead of your start page or default search engine, there is a serious sign that you were tricked into installing My Hoome add-on or extension. In this case, we recommend running a full system scan with updated anti-spyware and removing this untrustworthy search engine, which is mostly used for collecting sales, making people visit specific sites and similar activities.
HOW CAN MY HOOME INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
My Hoome is propagated in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That's why it always looks like this program entered your machine as a virus. In order to avoid My Hoome, you should pay more time on the installation process of free programs, such as games, unlicensed programs, tools and similar utilities. In addition, check the list of additional downloads/free additions and deselect all unwanted downloads. If My Hoome entered your computer, it can be expected that soon it will start its redirections to myhoome.com and other websites. Remember, these websites are set to generate web traffic, collect sales and perform other tasks.
HOW TO REMOVE MY HOOME?
Technically, My Hoome is not a virus. However, we highly recommend you to uninstall this unfair search engine. The clearest sign that this program managed to infiltrate your computer is continuous redirections to myhoome.com. In this case, you should follow these steps:
- Remove My Hoome from Add/Remove Programs. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for My Hoome and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Fix each of your Internet browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall My Hoome and other unknown browser extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find My Hoome and other unknown extensions and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find My Hoome and similar unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Click the Safari > Preferences > Extensions. Find My Hoome and similar entries
- Click 'Uninstall'.