MyCoups (can also be found as My Coups) is an adware, which can be downloaded either with or without user's permission. In most of the cases, this program comes inside the PC as a price comparison tool, which also shows information about coupons, deals and discounts. However, MyCoups can also get inside the PC in a bundle with other programs without an appropriate user's permission asked. It is compatible with all web browsers, so it can easily affect Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and other browsers, and start showing its unwanted pop-up ads. It must be mentioned that this program shows up only when you enter a shopping site. If it has infiltrated your computer, we recommend eliminating MyCoups from the system without a delay.
HOW CAN I GET MYCOUPS ON MY COMPUTER?
You can download MyCoups as a free tool, which can help you in saving the money. However, it can also get inside the system in a bundle with other applications. Typically, it infiltrates PCs in a bundle with freeware and shareware. When seeking to avoid prevent such infiltrations, you have to keep an eye on the installation process of the software and uncheck unfamiliar entries that show up. As soon as it gets inside, adware modifies some of PC's settings and starts showing its its adds that are filled with coupons, advertisements and various deals. Beware that this program can alter the start page, default search engine and similar settings that will make you visit unknown domains. To sum up, we don't recommend leaving MyCoups on your computer if you haven't installed it consciously. If you are bored by its continuous pop-up ads, follow the guide below and remove this adware from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE MyCoups?
If you want to get rid of MyCoups and its continuous pop-up ads, you should follow these steps:
First of all, remove program's entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for MyCoups and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
In addition, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall MyCoups and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find MyCoups and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, if you hhaven't installed MyCoups manually, you should also scan your PC with Reimage and remove malicious files from the system.