MyPoints is a potentially unwanted application, which shows up on computers in a form of toolbar. This program is capable to occupy all popular web browsers that can be found on the system, so switching from, lets say, Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox doesn't help to avoid this adware. The main symptom, which clearly notifies that MyPoints is on your computer, is its continuous notifications about discounts, coupons and other deals. Before you fall for them, beware that its owners seek to earn the money, so they may reroute you to related websites that pay for promoting them. Besides, MyPoints Toolbar ma track your browsing activity and share this data with third parties. That's why we don't recommend leaving it on your computer.
HOW CAN MyPoints GET INSIDE MY COMPUTER?
MyPoints can be downloaded from its official website. However, it may also show up on your browsers out of nowhere. In this case, you should know that MyPoints is one of these programs that use bundling for their distribution. If you want to avoid this adware, you should pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware. Typically, you should uncheck the check box that agrees to download MyPoints Toolbar. Once inside the system, this program may not only occupy your browsers. According to experts, it's also possible that it will change the default search engine and start page. If you see continuous alerts from MyPoints and you want to get rid of them, you should remove this adware from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE MyPoints?
MyPoints ads might be totally annoying, so if you want to get rid of them, you should remove this program from your computer. For that follow this guide:
First of all, eliminate LinkSwift via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for MyPoints and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove MyPoints from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for MyPoints and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find MyPoints and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for MyPoints and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
We also recommend for our users scan computer with updated anti-spyware and make sure that computer is free of viruses. For that, you can use SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware or other reputable virus remover.
We might be affiliated with any product we recommend on the site. Full disclosure in our Agreement of Use.
and agreement of use