I have noticed that my browser's homepage has suddenly changed to Mysearch.Avg.com, but I have not even opened the browser settings panel lately. It has never happened to me before – so such changes look suspicious to me. Also, the results displayed by this search engine look unreliable. They have redirected me to unfamiliar websites a few times. What does it mean? What caused these changes?
Should I believe that Mysearch.Avg.com is a safe search engine?
Technically, Mysearch.Avg.com (you can also find it named as AVG Secure Search) is a not a virus or malware. It is only a misleading search engine, which is used to promote third-party software and websites. For that, it shows commercial pop-up advertisements that are filled with various links and other content. Beware that you have to be very careful with such links because they may reroute your browser to insecure websites that can be used to spread potentially unwanted programs. Besides, Mysearch.Avg.com may also initiate changes in your browser settings and may install AVG Toolbar on your computer without a clear permission asked. In this case, you should remember that this program does not initiate direct harm for your computer but it may lead it to the infiltration of other potentially unwanted programs. It shows inaccurate results, and some of them may be injected with hyperlinks leading to sponsored third-party websites. Such websites frequently recommend various untrustworthy applications, but exactly these apps can contain infectious files. So that is why you should not trust Mysearch.Avg.com. We recommend using more reputable search engines, like Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Besides, you should know that Mysearch.Avg.com appears in case if a similarly entitled potentially unwanted program enters your system. This application initiates changes of your browser's homepage and causes Mysearch.Avg.com redirects. Also, this application can collect information about your browsing habits, for example, what websites do you usually visit, what data do you enter online, search keywords that you type in search engines and so on. We cannot guarantee that this information is not used for suspicious purposes. To steer clear of such computer parasites, we recommend installing SpyHunter. It is an essential tool for your computer that can ensure your system's safety.
How can Mysearch.Avg.com appear on my PC?
Mysearch.Avg.com is available at many download websites, such as cnet, Brothersoft, Softonic and similar. If you have downloaded it from any of these sites, you can use this program without any problems. The real issue is Mysearch.Avg.com browser extension itself, which is not distributed by these reliable download sites. Therefore, you should take into account that Mysearch.Avg.com may also come on your computer after downloading other suspicious programs on it. Typically, it infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware as their free addition. Such method has tricked hundreds of PC users who fail to pay their attention to programs' installation process. If you want to avoid Mysearch.Avg.com's infiltration, be very careful when downloading freeware on your computer. Then find the check mark, which agrees to download this program to your computer. If you missed it, and now you want to remove Mysearch.Avg.com from the system, here is a guide you should use:
How to remove this browser hijacker from my computer?
We must say for another time that those 'security researchers,' who claim that Mysearch.Avg.com is a virus, are not right. It is just an annoying search engine, which may appear on your computer after downloading freeware on your computer. Of course, it may interrupt your browsing routine with commercial pop-up ads but it does not harm your computer in any way. If you think that Mysearch.Avg.com is annoying, and you want to remove it, you can do that with a help of this guide:
You can remove Mysearch.Avg.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Mysearch.Avg.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Mysearch.Avg.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Mysearch.Avg.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Mysearch.Avg.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Mysearch.Avg.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Mysearch.Avg.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Mysearch.Avg.com removal.
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Mysearch.Avg.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Mysearch.Avg.com removal.
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Mysearch.Avg.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Mysearch.Avg.com removal.
Remove Mysearch.Avg.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Mysearch.Avg.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Mysearch.Avg.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Mysearch.Avg.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Mysearch.Avg.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Mysearch.Avg.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Mysearch.Avg.com
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.