Mysearch.Avg.com (you can also find it named as AVG Secure Search) is a not a virus or malware. It's only a misleading search engine, which is used to promote third party software and websites. For that, it shows commercial pop-up advertisements that are filled with various links and other content. Beware that you have to be very careful with such links because they may reroute your browser to insecure website, which is used to spread malware. Besides, Mysearch.Avg.com may also initiate changes in your browser settings and may install AVG Toolbar on your computer without a clear permission asked. In this case, you should remember that this program doesn't initiate direct harm for your computer but it may lead it to the infiltration of other potentially unwanted programs. That's why we recommend using more reputable search engines, like Google, Yahoo or Bing.
HOW CAN Mysearch.Avg.com APPEAR ON MY PC?
Mysearch.Avg.com is available at many download websites, such as cnet, Brothersoft, Softonic and similar. If you downloaded it from any of these sites, you can use this program without any problems. However, you should take into account that Mysearch.Avg.com may also come inside your computer after downloading other programs on it. Typically, it infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware as their free addition. Such method has tricked hundreds of PC users who fail to pay their attention to programs' installation process. If you want to avoid Mysearch.Avg.com's infiltration, be very careful when downloading freeware on your computer. In addition, find the checkmark, which agrees to download this program no your computer. If you missed it and now you want to remove Mysearch.Avg.com from the system, here is a guide you should use:
HOW TO REMOVE Mysearch.Avg.com FROM COMPUTER?
We must say for another time that those 'security researchers', who claim that Mysearch.Avg.com is virus, are not right. It's just an annoying search engine, which may appear on your computer after downloading freeware on your computer. Of course, it may interrupt your browsing routine with commercial pop-up ads but it doesn't harm your computer in any way. If you think that Mysearch.Avg.com is annoying and you want to remove it, you can do that with a help of this guide:
- Uninstall AVG Toolbar via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for AVG Toolbar, Mysearch.Avg.com and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Mysearch.Avg.com add-on from IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall AVG Toolbar, Mysearch.Avg.com and other entries that may be unknown for you.
Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find AVG Toolbar,Mysearch.Avg.com and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find AVG Toolbar,Mysearch.Avg.com and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use