What is Mysearchresults.com?
Mysearchresults.com is another website, which shouldn't be used for searching the web. Why are we so mean? We say so because this search engine may show you altered search results and then may cause redirects to unknown websites. In addition, it may start tracking your browsing activity and may start showing related pop-up ads during your search sessions. While it is stated that it is not collecting personally identifiable information, you can't be sure about that. Beware that it may take over your start page or default search engine without any permission asked and may even slow each of your web browsers. If you are one of such users who have discovered that Mysearchresults.com hijacked Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other web browser, you should check your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. Otherwise, this program may additionally try to alter your PC's DNS settings, provided search engines and other settings. Beware that Mysearchresults.com redirects are initiated just for trying to increase the traffic to affiliate websites and make the money in this way.
To sum up, no matter that this search site may look to you like a normal search engine and hasn't been found to spread viruses or other infections, the most of its search results are sponsored and shouldn't be taken for granted. Every time you click on such result, its creators get the money. That's why you should be very careful with mywebsearchresults.com and try to avoid this website. If you have already noticed unknown redirections to unknown websites, you should waste no time and scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware. For that we highly recommend using Reimage. Please, remember that leaving this hijacker on your machine may cause redirects to really suspicious and sometimes even malicious websites that may try to infect your PC with much worse viruses.
How can Mysearchresults.com hijack my computer?
Mysearchresults.com related browser add-on can be installed on the system together with freeware and shareware. This method, which is used for spreading this hijacker is called bundling. Fortunately, it can be avoided. For that you should start monitoring installation of the freeware by selecting Custom or Advanced installation option. Once you do that, make sure you carefully check every installation step and uncheck the check mark that says: 'Make XXX my start page', 'Make XXX my default search engine', etc. Otherwise, you may discover Mysearchresults.com virus on your computer right after rebooting it. Once it gets inside, it may alter your DNS settings and may affect all web browsers that are installed. As a result, your search sessions may be redirected to unknown websites because this search site may show you altered search results. Annoyed by such activity? Please, follow steps below and remove Mysearchresults.com redirect virus from your computer.
How can I remove Mysearchresults.com virus?
In order to remove this browser hijacker, we recommend running a full system scan with a reputable anti-spyware or using a guide below. If you opted for manual removal method, you should carefully follow every step in right order:
You can remove Mysearchresults.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Mysearchresults.com manual removal
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
Step 2. Remove Mysearchresults.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Mysearchresults.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Mysearchresults.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Mysearchresults.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Mysearchresults.com from Safari
Remove Mysearchresults.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Mysearchresults.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Mysearchresults.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Mysearchresults.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Mysearchresults.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Mysearchresults.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Mysearchresults.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Mysearchresults.com removal.
Remove Mysearchresults.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Mysearchresults.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Mysearchresults.com removal.
Remove Mysearchresults.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Mysearchresults.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Mysearchresults.com removal.
Remove Mysearchresults.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Mysearchresults.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Mysearchresults.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Mysearchresults.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Mysearchresults.com
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Mysearchresults.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.