Native-search.com is a misleading search engine, which is used to collect advertising revenue. No matter that there are many PC users who claim that this site should be called 'virus' or 'browser hijacker', in reality it's just an untrustworthy search engine, which mostly returns altered search results and shows commercial pop-up notifications. Once user clicks on such ad, Native-search.com's owners will receive some money. The same can be told about visiting related websites. However, you should beware that sometimes such sites may be accidentally used for promoting insecure websites that spread malware. That's why we recommend avoiding Native-search.com and relying on more popular websites that are designed for searching, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
HOW CAN NATIVE-SEARCH.COM APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
According to many PC users, Native-search.com shows up on computers out of nowhere. No, its distribution is not related to on trojans or other malware. In reality, it sneaks inside computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In order to avoid this program, you should start paying more attention to such programs' installation process. You have to find the check mark, which agrees to download Native-search.com and uncheck it. If you don't know where Native-search.com came from, you were also tricked into installing it. In this case, you should remove this search engine from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE NATIVE-SEARCH.COM?
We must note that Native-search.com is not a virus or malware. It's just an annoying search engine, which may appear on your computer after downloading freeware. However, you should rely on more reputable search engines if you want to be sure that you won't be redirected to some malicious website. For that, follow this guide:
- Uninstall Native Search via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Native-search.com and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Native-search.com add-on from IE, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Native-search.com and other entries that may be unknown for you.
Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Native-search.com and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Native-search.com and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Finally, scan the system with updated anti-spyware. For that we recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or other reputable anti-malware.