Noticiasalpunto virus is a browser hijacker, which starts initiating annoying activity once it gets inside the system. This infection helps for cyber criminals to increase the traffic to their domains and earn some easy money. When infected with Noticiasalpunto virus, you will be continuously made to visit noticiasalpunto.com instead of other websites. This site looks like a normal search engine and it says that it's 'powered by Google'. However, there are many doubts about it and its results given. After checking, we must say that this search engine gives altered search results and also shows paid content. If you are continuously redirected to noticiasalpunto.com without a permission asked, you must check your PC for Noticiasalpunto virus and fix this issue in order to prevent serious infections.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Noticiasalpunto virus?
Noticiasalpunto virus gets inside the system without any user's permission asked. Typically, it can get inside with freeware, shareware, spam or via infected websites. As soon as it enters its target PC, this browser hijacker modifies some of computer's parameters and affects all Internet browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and other ones. These browsers not only start redirecting the victim to noticiasalpunto.com or other sites, but may also set this page instead of the homepage and default search engine. Please, if you think that you may be infected with Noticiasalpunto virus, or oyu have noticed some of these changes, you must check your PC with updated anti-spyware
HOW TO REMOVE Noticiasalpunto virus?
If you want to remove Noticiasalpunto virus files, run a full system scan with Reimage or other reputable anti-spyware. Additionally, fix your browsers if they have been altered by virus:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Noticiasalpunto entries and click 'uninstall'.
Besides, change your default search provider to Google or the one you like:
For that, go:
- 'Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’.
- Here, choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Besides, click on ‘Web Search’ -> ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable Noticiasalpunto.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Noticiasalpunto entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
Don't forget to change your homepage and default search engine:
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’
- Reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.