OtShot is a potentially unwanted application, which may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Yes, you can download it from its official website as a tool capable to personalize your digital photos, but there are many PC users who have reported about the surprising discovery of this application. As soon as it gets inside the PC, OtShot modifies some of PC's parameters and may start initiating various unwanted activities. For example, OtShot can be blamed for showing commercial pop-up advertisements and causing browser's redirections. Besides, as its license agreement notifies, this program may track its victims and their online activity. That's why we recommend staying away from OfShot.
HOW CAN I GET OTSHOT ON MY COMPUTER?
Users can download OtShot application from its official website, which is called as otshot.net. However, it can also infiltrate the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should avoid freeware and shareware. However, if you still need a specific software, you should choose a custom installation, not the automatic installation method, and uncheck unfamiliar entries. As soon as it is installed, this program acts exactly as its License Agreement notifies:
If you want to prevent such activities, we recommend eliminating OtShot from the system. For that, follow the guide given below:
HOW TO REMOVE OTSHOT?
If you want to get rid of OtShot and its ads, you have to follow these instructions:
First of all, run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware, such as STOPzilla, SpyHunter or other reputable security application.
In addition, remove malicious entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for OtShot and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall OtShot and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find OtShot and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use