What is OtShot?
OtShot is a potentially unwanted application, which may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Yes, you can download it from its official website as a tool capable to personalize your digital photos, but there are many PC users who have reported about the surprising discovery of this application. If you have also downloaded this program to your PC system, you should think what freewares have you recently added to it. If you have just downloaded a download manager, PDF creator, video streaming software, video recording software and similar free app, there is no surprise that OtShot ads are interrupting you. In order to avoid this questionable browser add-on, you need to start monitoring installation of the freeware. For that you should select Custom or Advanced installation method and then uncheck all suspicious check boxes that are usually pre-checked by freewares' developers.
As soon as OtShot gets inside the target PC system, it may start its activity by modifying some of PC's parameters. Typically, it hijacks all of web browsers (IE, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others) and then starts initiating various unwanted activities. For example, you may need to deal with continuous OtShot ads that, after being clicked, may try to redirect you to unknown websites. You may notice that you can't browse without being interrupted by commercial pop-up advertisements that may appear in a form of pop-up ads, in-text links, banner ads and similar notifications. We don't recommend clicking them because this may end up on a malicious website that seeks not only to increase its popularity, but to trick people into downloading other PUPs (adwares, browser hijackers, etc.) to the system. Besides, as its license agreement notifies, this program may track its victims and may try to record information, which is related to their online activity, such as their search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, etc. That's why we recommend staying away from OfShot adware and also eliminating it from the system. For that you can use SpyHunter.
HOW CAN OTSHOT HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Users can download OtShot application from its official website, which is called as otshot.net. However, it can also infiltrate the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should avoid freeware and shareware. However, if you still need a specific software, you should choose a custom installation, not the automatic installation method, and uncheck unfamiliar entries. As soon as it is installed, this program acts exactly as its License Agreement notifies:
If you want to prevent such activities, we recommend eliminating OtShot from the system. For that, follow the guide given below:
HOW TO REMOVE OTSHOT virus?
If you want to get rid of OtShot and its ads, you have to follow these instructions:
You can remove OtShot automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual OtShot Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall OtShot and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove OtShot from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove OtShot from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for OtShot or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove OtShot from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for OtShot or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall OtShot from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove OtShot from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for OtShot and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete OtShot removal.
Remove OtShot from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select OtShot and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete OtShot removal.
Remove OtShot from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select OtShot and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete OtShot removal.
Remove OtShot from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for OtShot or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete OtShot removal process.
Step 3: Complete OtShot removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of OtShot registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of OtShot
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.