Why my browsers redirect me to unknown websites?
If you noticed that your browser redirects you to the third party websites, it might be because of that: you didn't pay enough attention to the install process of Playsides games or programs that are offered there and agreed to install certain software offered by third parties. However, it doesn't mean that your computer is infected. If you missed this check mark that agress to change your start page or default search engine, you should waste no time and change your homepage/default search engine back to normal. Otherwise, you may receive altered search results that are filled with commercial ads. For eliminating unwanted search engines from computer, follow a guide given below:
How to stop browser's redirects?
If you were tricked to download unwanted extension, follow this guide:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Playsides Search and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Playsides and other unknown add-ons from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Playsides Search and other unknown entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of search.playsides.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Playsides Search and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Playsides Search and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.