What is Plus HD?
Plus HD is a legitimate application, which promises to improve the quality of Youtube videos. So, there is no doubt that there are hundreds of people who have already downloaded this program to their computers. However, some part of them has already started various discussions on the Internet about the trustworthiness of Plus HD. That's because this program may also try to hijack each of web browsers and then may start showing various pop-up ads during your browsing. Thats why it has been labeled as a potentially unwanted program and an adware. No matter how trustworthy it looks, you have to understand that each of Plus HD ads seeks to redirect you to its affiliate website and help this site to increase the page rank and sales. Besides, after installing Plus HD adware on the system and letting it to hijack all web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and others), you may also start suffering from continuous Plus HD redirects to its affiliate websites. Such browsing on the Internet can be really risky because you can never know what website you can be redirected to. Finally, you should know that this application it may enter your computer in a bundle with other downloads without a clear permission asked. That's why it may look like it infiltrated your computer like a virus. However, in most of the cases, Plus HD comes bundled with other free applications, such as Sweetpacks Toolbar and similar programs.
If you don't want to lead your computer to such issues as Plus HD redirects, slow downs, pop-up ads, etc., you should try to avoid adware-type programs. As we have mentioned, they may try to hide in other freeware for getting ability to infiltrate the system without a clear permission asked. If Plus DH virus has already entered it, you can remove it with a help of these programs: Reimage (compatible with Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Windows and Mac OS X).
How can Plus HD hijack my computer?
Plus HD can be downloaded from various websites as a valuable program that is capable of improving one's browsing on the Internet. However, in most of the cases it enters computers in a bundle with other programs as a free addition. In order to avoid Plus HD and other adwares, browser hijackers and other PUPs, you should always choose a Custom or Advanced installation and try to pay more attention to this process. This adware works on all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, so it's really hard to avoid its ads that mostly promote third party products or services. In order to do that, you should uninstall Plus HD from your computer.
How to remove Plus HD virus?
If you see Plus HD ads, that typically say 'Ads by Plus HD', 'Powered by Plus HD' and similar, it means that this program is installed on your computer. In order to get rid of them, follow this guide:
You can remove Plus HD automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Plus HD from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Plus HD from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Plus HD from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Plus HD from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Plus HD from Safari
Remove Plus HD from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Plus HD from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Plus HD or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Plus HD from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Plus HD or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Plus HD from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Plus HD and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Plus HD removal.
Remove Plus HD from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Plus HD and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Plus HD removal.
Remove Plus HD from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Plus HD and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Plus HD removal.
Remove Plus HD from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Plus HD or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Plus HD removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Plus HD
Comments on Plus HD
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.