Plus HD is legitimate application, which promises to improve the quality of Youtube videos. However, security experts were encouraged to start various discussions about Plus HD because of other specifications of this program. For example: this program may also cause continuous pop-up advertisements when browsing on the Internet, initiate redirections to unknown websites and similar things. Besides, it may enter your computer in a bundle with other downloads without a clear permission asked. In most of the cases, Plus HD comes bundled with Sweetpacks Toolbar and similar applications. You should always try to save your computer from such programs because they are mostly used to collect sales, increase web traffic and similar activities.
How can Plus HD infiltrate my computer?
Plus HD can be downloaded from various websites. However, in most of the cases it enters computers in a bundle with other programs. In order to avoid Plus HD, you should always choose a Custom or Advanced installation and try to pay more attention to this process. This adware works on all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, so it's really hard to avoid its ads that mostly promote third party products or services. In order to do that, you should uninstall Plus HD from your computer.
How to remove Plus HD?
If you see Plus HD ads, that typically say 'Ads by Plus HD', 'Powered by Plus HD' and similar, it means that this program is installed on your computer. In order to get rid of them, follow this guide:
First of all, eliminate Plus HD via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Plus-Hd, Sweetpacks Toolbar and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Plus-HD from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Plus-HD, Sweetpacks Toolbar and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Plus-HD, Sweetpacks Toolbar and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Plus-HD, Sweetpacks Toolbar and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
Finally, scan your computer with SpyHunter or any of these programs: STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use