POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus is a dangerous virus, which shows a message that states about various law violations and asks to pay the fine for that. Typically, it names the use of copyrighted content, distribution of malware or pornographic content and asks to pay 100 euro within 48 hours. Please, ignore this Portugal message because it’s initiated by scammers, not by your local police department. POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus is really aggressive cyber infection because it not only replaces user’s desktop with a misleading notification, but also blocks the whole system down. So, user becomes incapable to use his Internet connection or programs that are kept on his PC. Note that paying the fine doesn’t help to remove the lock from the system. You have to remove POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus files if you want this.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus?
POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus is distributed via Trojan horse, which is called Trojan.LockScreen or similarly. Once it gets inside the system, this Trojan downloads infected files that belong to this ransomware and also locks the PC. As a result, user sees only a fake message that shows him his IP address, location, computer’s type, the list of violated laws and similar details. Many PC users have already believed that this Portugueese governmental organization has somehow found illegal activity on their PCs and have paid the fine for that. However, you should never do that. Please, ignore this huge warning on our desktop and remove POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus if you are infected.
HOW TO REMOVE POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus?
When trying to remove POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus, you may find serious issues with launching legitimate securty programs on your infected computer. However, you can follow these steps to unlock your computer and launch anti-spyware:
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected withPOLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.
POLICIA Departamento Cibercrime virus manual removal: