Policja Wirus is a Polish version of Ukash group of viruses, which has been aggressively attacking PC users these days. Basically, it should be called the ransomware infection because it locks computers down and disables its victims from all their files and programs. Besides, when having Policja Wirus on board, you won't be capable to get online and download a remover for this sneaky application. So, there is almost no chance not to notice this sneaky infection and there is lots of work when trying to remove it. Be sure that Policja Wirus seeks to mislead you into thinking that you have been blocked by a real police office and that you have to pay the fine for your law violations. Instead of falling for this alert and believing that you can be arrested and jailed, continue reading this post and get more information about Policja Wirus and its removal.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Policja Wirus?
Policja Wirus is spread by trojan horse, which can easily get on the vulnerable system undetected. That's why you should always think about appropriate computer's protection and have anti-virus and anti-malware installed on your machine. Once it manages to get inside, it modifies some system's parameters and starts launching everytime PC is rebooted. Basically, there is no gap between computer's reboot and this misleading alert, which pretends to belong for the official authority. Just like other ransomware threats, Policja Wirus claims that it belongs for local police, which has investigated illegal activities on this computer. Typically, it says that user has been watching porn videos or spreading pornographic content online. Finally, it asks paying 100 euros as a fine for all those law violations. Instead of doing that, you should remove Policja Wirus. For that, follow the additional information.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Policja Wirus?
If you have been infected by Policja wirus, you must run a full system scan with reputable anti-malware program to fix your computer. We recommend using SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. However, you may find that you are blocked from getting on the Internet just like many victims of Ukash virus. In order to avoid this issue, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Policja wrus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining virus files.
Geolocation of Policja Wirus
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.