Polis virus (or Polis virüs) is a dangerous program that should never be left on any computer. You won't fail to notice this scamware if it gets on your machine because it blocks PC's system as soon as it manages to enter it. Instead of your typical desktop screen, you will see only misleading alert claiming that Police or other official authoity needs from you some money. This 'fine' is usually required for invented crimes that have been supposedly detected on victim's machine. Typically, Polis virüs lists the use of pornographic or copyrighted content, distribution of malware and similar activities. Before you fall for this misleading warning, keep in mind that it's fake and has been created only to swindle some money from you. Polis virus belongs to the group called 'Ukash', which spreads translated FBI virus versions all around the world. You must remove Polis virus, which targets Sweden, Turkey and their residents, without any delay.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH POLIS virüs?
Polis virüs has been developed to use trojan horses for its infiltration. To be more precise, that's Trojan.Ransomlock. It gets inside the system without any permission asked together with freeware, shareware and unofficial downloads. Once inside, it locks the whole system and shows its alert, which is set for the only aim - to intimidate computer's owner into thinking that he has some serious business with Swedish or Turkey Police. Please, ignore all these accusations you see on your desktop because they have nothing to do with this official authority. Be sure that this alert is completely fake and should never pay this fine in order to unlock your computer. If you have been infected by Polis Virus, you should simply unlock your computer and removethis ransomware from your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE POLIS virüs?
If you have been infected by Polis virüs, you must run a full system scan with reputable anti-malware program to fix your computer. However, you may find that you are blocked from getting on the Internet. In order to avoid this issue, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage, PlumbytesWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Polis virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files. We also recommend using PlumbytesWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Geolocation of Polis virus
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Polis virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.