PowerfulBrowse extension may be the reason why you see annoying advertisements every time when you start your browsing session. In fact, this program is yet another dubious ad-supported application that was developed by a company called Super Web LLC. Unfortunately, this company is responsible for releasing more than one hundred almost identical ad-supported applications. So, don't be surprised if you see PowerfulBrowse ads right after you install this questionable plug-in. In order to prove that, here is a small quotation from its EULA (end-user license agreement) section: ”We may use the information you provide to us, and information we collect about your use of the Software (PowerfulBrowse) through tracking and other technologies, to assist us in delivering you relevant advertisements, offers and content when using the Software (PowerfulBrowse).”.
How can PowerfulBrowse hijack my computer?
Although this program promises relevant advertisements, coupons, and comparison deals for you, it is yet another marketing trick in order to distribute PowerfulBrowse virus. Furthermore, various freewares and sharewares may carry this dubious application as an additional attachment. Usually, people are not attentive enough when installing free programs. That is when PowerfulBrowse virus may enter your computer. Don't worry, we can give you a couple of helpful recommendations on how to install unfamiliar freewares and how to remove PowerfulBrowse. Firstly, if you are installing a free program, try to find as much information as possible. Read end-user license agreement (EULA) section. Comments and reviews from people who have already downloaded this program also helps. Secondly, avoid clicking the next button all the time because you can easily overlook and install PowerfulBrowse unintentionally. Thirdly, select advanced or custom installation method, follow the entire process and unmark doubtful extensions/add-ons/plug-ins/toolbars.
How to remove PowerfulBrowse from my computer?
This program is completely useless and can hardly give you anything useful in return. If you want to avoid PowerfulBrowse redirects, act now and remove this ad-supported program. These simple instructions will help you to do that:
- Uninstall PowerfulBrowse from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as PowerfulBrowse or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for PowerfulBrowse or other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.