Price Finder is an adware, which is responsible for commercial pop-up notifications that show up when visiting Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, Facebook and similar websites. In most of the cases, users think that they are useful because they look like they are designed to inform them about discounts, coupons and similar deals. However, this program is not really seeking to help people save their money. It helps to increase visitors number to related websites and collects advertising revenue for its owners. Beware that Price Finder may also cause browser's redirects, changes in some system settings and slow downs. If you want to get rid of advertisements, sponsored links and similar stuff, you have to remove PriceFinder from computer. We also recommend that if you didn't download and install this program on your computer manually.
HOW CAN PRICE FINDER INFILTRATE COMPUTER?
You see Price Finder pop-up ads not because websites are showing them for you. That's because you were tricked into downloading this freeware on your computer. Typically, it gets inside the system as a component of other software, such as video recording programs, download-managers or PDF creators. If you want to avoid it, you should pay more attention to the installation process of such programs and find the check mark, which agrees to download Price Finder on computer. If this application is already inside your machine, you should notice its coupons and similar offers that are available in a form of underlined words and advertisements. To get rid of these ads, you have to remove Price Finder from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE PRICE FINDER?
First of all, you have to remove Price Finder via Add/Remove programs. For that, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button, select Control Panel
2. Click on Uninstall a program. (Add/Remove Programs for Windows XP)
3. Search and uninstall Price Finder (by Pronto.com) program from your computer.
Additionally, you should remove its add-ons from every browser you have installed on your PC:
- Launch IE and tap Alt+T.
- Once you see Tools menu, go to Manage Add-ons ->Toolbars and Extensions.
- Now select the add-on you want to remove (Price Finder by Pronto.com) and select Disable.
- Launch Mozilla and tap Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time. You should see Add-ons Manager there.
- Go to Extensions, look for the Price Finder (by Pronto.com) and related items and remove them.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F
- Once you start seeing the menu, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Choose the add-on you want to delete and click on the trash icon.
Finally, we highly recommend scanning the system with updated anti-spyware. You can choose from these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. They will help you to make sure that your system is free of potentially unwanted applications like this one and that you remove PriceFinder for good.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use