PriceGong is presented as a browser plug-in, which can be used to compare the prices of various goods. According to its publisher: 'When you are shopping online, PriceGong automatically recognizes which product you are looking for and will suggest a variety of attractive, alternative offers for this product. PriceGong also offers you coupons that can help you save even more money'. However, many users call this program as adware, which keeps displaying its annoying advertisements announcing about various offers online. First thing, which we don't like about this program, is that it can be installed either manually or without any permission asked. Besides, it seems that PriceGong can be used to track user's browsing habits in order to show relevant ads and commercials. We do NOT say that PriceGong is a malicious program but you shouldn't leave it on your PC if you haven't installed there.
HOW CAN I GET PriceGong on my computer?
PriceGong can be downloaded from its official website. However, it can also be downloaded together with other programs, such as freeware and shareware, as a component. Mostly, such programs can be prevented by investigating every installation window of the software and unchecking unwanted components but sometimes they sneak inside even if you have unchecked them. Additionally, PriceGong starts showing its unstoppable advertisements every time you open the browser. It seems that it gets on every browser it finds installed on your PC, including Safari and Google Chrome. If you don't like this, you should get rid of PriceGong.
HOW to remove PriceGong?
First of all, you have to uninstall PriceGong from Add/Remove programs list. For that, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button, select Control Panel
2. Click on Uninstall a program. (Add/Remove Programs for Windows XP)
3. Search and uninstall PriceGong program from your computer.
Additionally, you should remove its add-ons from every browser you have installed on your PC:
- Launch IE and tap Alt+T.
- Once you see Tools menu, go to Manage Add-ons ->Toolbars and Extensions.
- Now select the add-on you want to remove (PriceGong) and select Disable.
- Launch Mozilla and tap Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time. You should see Add-ons Manager there.
- Go to Extensions, look for the PriceGong related items and remove them.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F
- Once you start seeing the menu, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Choose the add-on you want to delete and click on the trash icon.
Finally, you should run a full system scan with STOPzilla or SpyHunter and remove virus-related entries from the system. Now you can be sure that your adware is removed for good.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use