PriceGong is presented as a browser plug-in, which can be used to compare the prices of various goods. According to its publisher: 'When you are shopping online, PriceGong automatically recognizes which product you are looking for and will suggest a variety of attractive, alternative offers for this product. PriceGong also offers you coupons that can help you save even more money'. However, many users call this program as adware, which keeps displaying its annoying advertisements announcing about various offers online. First thing, which we don't like about this program, is that it can be installed either manually or without any permission asked. Besides, it seems that PriceGong can be used to track user's browsing habits in order to show relevant ads and commercials. We do NOT say that PriceGong is a malicious program but you shouldn't leave it on your PC if you haven't installed there.
HOW CAN I GET PriceGong on my computer?
PriceGong can be downloaded from its official website. However, it can also be downloaded together with other programs, such as freeware and shareware, as a component. Mostly, such programs can be prevented by investigating every installation window of the software and unchecking unwanted components but sometimes they sneak inside even if you have unchecked them. Additionally, PriceGong starts showing its unstoppable advertisements every time you open the browser. It seems that it gets on every browser it finds installed on your PC, including Safari and Google Chrome. If you don't like this, you should get rid of PriceGong.
HOW to remove PriceGong?
First of all, you have to uninstall PriceGong from Add/Remove programs list. For that, follow these steps:
You can remove PriceGong automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove PriceGong from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove PriceGong from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove PriceGong from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove PriceGong from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove PriceGong from Safari
Remove PriceGong from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove PriceGong from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for PriceGong or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove PriceGong from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for PriceGong or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove PriceGong from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for PriceGong and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete PriceGong removal.
Remove PriceGong from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select PriceGong and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete PriceGong removal.
Remove PriceGong from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select PriceGong and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete PriceGong removal.
Remove PriceGong from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for PriceGong or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete PriceGong removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of PriceGong
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on PriceGong
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.