What is Project Free TV?
Project Free TV is an online service provider, which allows legal copyright owners to upload, store and display various types of media (tv shows, movies and similar content). Once this content is uploaded, people can watch it online for free at free-tv-video-online(dot)me. However, Internet is full of different stories about annoying ads that are displayed thru this site. In fact, some of them have even reported about sound ads and similar notifications that come from Project Free TV and redirect to predetermined websites. It seems that changing the browser doesn't help in this situation, because Project Free TV ads show up no matter if you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. Please, be very careful with these alerts because they may be filled with various links that may redirect you to suspicious and sometimes even malicious websites. Here, you may be tricked into revealing your personally non-identifiable or personally identifiable information or, in the worst case scenario, you may be fooled into downloading potentially unwanted programs, such as adwares and browser hijackers, to your computer. Besides, you should be very careful when downloading files from this service because they may be filled with various components and may infiltrate your computer unnoticed. In most of the cases, programs that are spread using such technique are categorized as adware and browser hijackers.
To sum up, Project Free TV is not harmful but it should definitely be used with an extreme carefulness. If you have been suffering from its ads, you should pay some time for checking your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. We recommend using SpyHunter or similar security software.
How can Project Free TV hijack my computer?
According to Project Free TV, its ads are caused by third parties that seek to increase web traffic to their sites and collect sales. The company in its Disclaimer claims that it doesn't have to take any responsibility for them. However, it seems that it hasn't blocked these ads for another reason – they help for Project Free TV to stay alive. We highly recommend ignoring all intrusive ads that show up when visiting free-tv-video-online(dot)me. In addition, you should be very attentive when downloading files from this site because some of them may be used to spread adwares and browser hijackers. In order to stay safe, you should select only Custom or Advanced installation method when downloading freeware to your computer. In addition, you should try to find all suspicious statements and uncheck them. No matter that ProjectFreeTV hasn't been noticed to spread viruses, its files may be filled with optional components and may trick you into downloading Babylon Toolbar, Funmoods, Conduit and other potentially unwanted programs. After that, you may start suffering from such inconveniences as redirects, slow downs and unwanted pop-up ads that may interrupt you during your browsing.
How to remove Project Free TV virus?
If you are annoyed by Project Free TV ads, you should know that you can block them. For that, you should follow these steps:
You can remove Project Free TV automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Project Free TV Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Project Free TV and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Project Free TV from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Project Free TV from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Project Free TV or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Project Free TV from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Project Free TV or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Project Free TV from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Project Free TV from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Project Free TV and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Project Free TV removal.
Remove Project Free TV from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Project Free TV and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Project Free TV removal.
Remove Project Free TV from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Project Free TV and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Project Free TV removal.
Remove Project Free TV from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Project Free TV or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Project Free TV removal process.
Step 3: Complete Project Free TV removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Project Free TV registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Project Free TV
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.