Project Free TV is an online service provider, which allows legal copyright owners upload, store and display various types of media (tv shows and movies in most of the cases). Once this media is uploaded, people can watch it online for free at free-tv-video-online(dot)me. However, Internet is full of different stories about annoying ads that are displayed on this site when people are watching their videos. Some of them have even reported about sound ads and similar notifications that come from Project Free TV. It seems that changing the browser doesn't help in this situation, because Project Free TV ads show up no matter if you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Why do I see ads when visiting Project Free TV?
According to Project Free TV, these ads belong to third parties that seek to increase web traffic and collect sales. The company in its Disclaimer claims that it doesn't have to take any responsibility for them. However, it seems that it hasn't blocked these ads for another reason – they help Project Free TV stay alive. We highly recommend ignoring all intrusive ads that show up when visiting free-tv-video-online(dot)me. No matter that they haven't been noticed to spread viruses, they may trick you into installing adware or PUP. According to our users, they were tricked into downloading Babylon Toolbar, Funmoods, Conduit and other potentially unwanted programs.
How to avoid Project Free TV ads?
If you are annoyed by Project Free TV ads, you should know that you can block them. For that, you should follow these steps:
Depending on the type of your browser type, remove malicious add-ons and extensions:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Babylon, Funmoods, Conduit, Aartemis and similar entries.
- Click ‘uninstall’ to save changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Babylon, Funmoods, Conduit, Aartemis and similar entries
- Click ‘Uninstall’ to save changes.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Babylon, Funmoods, Conduit, Aartemis and other unknown extension
- Get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
Once you eliminate these extensions, run your anti-virus and remove malicious files from the system. For that we recommend using SpyHunter or STOPzilla
Finally, download add blocking program, which could help you prevent additional ads on Project Free Tv. On Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome you can install “Adblock Plus” addon/extension, while on Internet Explorer you can use a Tracking Protection Lists (TPL).
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use