What is Rango XP Protection 2014?
Rango XP Protection 2014 is a malicious program that will do anything to make you think that you need to get its licensed version. However, if you have recently been tricked into buying it, you may have already understood that it is a useless tool used for making the money. The first and the most important thing that you must remember is that Rango XP Protection 2014 reports only about invented viruses. It can either inform you about harmless files that should never be removed or report about invented viruses that have nothing to do with your computer. After purchasing, it just stops showing its fake alerts and simply hides in the background. Attention! Keeping the trail version of Rango XP Protection 2014 or the paid its version inside the system is NOT recommended because this program can be used for such malicious activities as stealing personal information from the system. In addition, it can easily download other cyber threats to your computer without your knowledge. In order to stay safe, you should remove this rogue anti-spyware from your computer. By the way, as its name suggests, this program is capable of infecting only Windows XP OS. However, it doesn't mean that if you are using Win 7 or Win 8, you are safe. According to the latest reports, security experts discovered Rango Win 7 Protection 2014, Rango Win 8 Protection 2014 and many similar threats spreading around.
How can Rango XP Protection 2014 infect the system?
Rango XP Protection 2014 virus is a typical rogue anti-spyware, so there is no surprise that is spread using malicious techniques that are similar to the ones that have been used preciously. The main method used for spreading this rogue around relies on misleading notifications that are typically filled with misleading information. If you want to avoid infiltration of Rango XP Protection 2014, you should stay away from alerts telling that you have to update your Java, Flash Player, FLV Player and similar programs. If you think that you need such update, you should visit official website of the program. In addition, there is another category of fake alerts that are typically saying that computer is infected and that user need to check it with some 'free' scanner. Before you fall into this trickery, you should know that there is not such thing as 'free scanner'. Beware that these alerts may show up either on legitimate or illegal sites. There are hundreds of sites that are infected each day, so you should be very careful with each of them. Once Rango XP Protection 2014 infects the system, it initiates various modifications and starts showing such ads:
Rango XP Protection 2014 Alert
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan
Rango XP Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet – This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
If you have recently noticed such warnings when using your computer, you should follow a guide below and remove Rango XP Protection 2014 virus from the system.
How can I remove Rango XP Protection 2014 virus?
As you can clearly see, Rango XP Protection 2014 is a serious cyber infection that can easily lead you to the money loss. If you have just purchased its license, you should contact your credit card company right away and dispute the charges. In addition, you should take needed actions and remove this rogue. For that we recommend selecting AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires just downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Rango XP Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Rango XP Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: http://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.