Record Checker (can also be found as RecordChecker) is a potentially unwanted application, which has been added to 2spyware's data base because of the following reasons. While it is wrong to call this application a 'virus' or 'malware', we don't recommend keeping it on the system. We say so because this program can easily initiate serious issues for its users. Those who have been convinced to install Record Checker virus on their machines, should be prepared for annoying pop-up ads and redirects to questionable websites. In addition to that, this program may also be set to track your browsing habits and may trick you into installing more unwanted programs on your computer. If you want to prevent this, you have to remove Record Checker from your computer without any delay.
How can Record Checker hijack my computer?
Just like any other application, Record Checker can be downloaded from its homepage or other site that has been involved to its distribution. Typically, it is promoted as a tool that is capable of improving people's browsing experience. However, you should also have in your mind that this program may also infiltrate your machine in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This method is usually executed without asking an appropriate user's permission and it is called bundling. Once inside and active, Record Checker virus starts initiating various activities: it tracks its victim, generates pop-up advertisements, initiates browser's redirections, etc. Remember, if you are one of these Internet users, who have discovered Record Checker on their computer out of nowhere, you should remove this application from it. For that, follow this guide:
How to remove Record Checker?
If you noticed Record Checker redirects, annoying pop-up ads and similar inconveniences on your computer, you should waste no time and remove this program from the system. For that we firstly recommend scanning PC system with updated anti-spyware and eliminating malicious entries. We recommend using SpyHunter in this case. Once you finish a scan, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Record Checker via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for RecordChecker and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Fix each of your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: