What is Record Checker?
Record Checker (can also be found as RecordChecker) is a potentially unwanted application, which has been added to 2spyware blog because of the following reasons. While it is wrong to call this application a 'virus' or 'malware', we don't recommend downloading it or keeping it on the system. We say so because this program can easily initiate serious issues for its users. Those who have been convinced to install Record Checker virus on their machines should be prepared for annoying pop-up ads and redirects to questionable websites. In addition to that, this program may be used for redirecting people to suspicious, unsafe and similar websites, so you should stay away from Record Checker ads as far as you can. In addition to that, this program may start tracking people's browsing experience and then may collect various data that is useful for unknown parties. Who would need such information as people's browsing habits, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting these websites, PC's IP address, location, etc. If you want to prevent this, you have to remove Record Checker from your computer without any delay.
How can Record Checker hijack my computer?
How to remove Record Checker virus?
If you noticed Record Checker redirects, annoying pop-up ads and similar inconveniences on your computer, you should waste no time and remove this program from the system. For that we recommend either scanning PC system with updated anti-spyware or eliminating malicious entries manually. For automatic removal of this PUP, wee recommend using SpyHunter or other programs that are given below. If you want to use manual removal method, follow these steps:
You can remove Record Checker automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Record Checker Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Record Checker and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Record Checker from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Record Checker from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Record Checker or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Record Checker from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Record Checker or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Record Checker from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Record Checker from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Record Checker and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Record Checker removal.
Remove Record Checker from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Record Checker and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Record Checker removal.
Remove Record Checker from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Record Checker and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Record Checker removal.
Remove Record Checker from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Record Checker or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Record Checker removal process.
Step 3: Complete Record Checker removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Record Checker registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Record Checker
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.