Record Checker (can also be found as RecordChecker) is a potentially unwanted application, which has been added to 2spyware's data base because of the several reasons. While it is wrong to call this application as 'virus' or 'malware', it may initiate serious problems for those who will be convinced to install it on their machines. Instead of enhancing your browsing experience by showing reports on someone's public record, this program can also used to track PC users. Besides, it may show you annoying pop-up advertisements and install more unwanted programs on your computer. If you want to prevent this, you have to remove Record Checker from your computer without any delay.
HOW CAN I GET Record Checker ON MY COMPUTER?
Just like any other application, Record Checker can be downloaded from its homepage or other site that has been involved to its distribution. However, you should also have in your mind that it can also infiltrate your machine in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This method is usually executed without asking an appropriate user's permission and it is called bundling. Once inside and active, Record Checker starts initiating various activities: it tracks its victim, generates pop-up advertisements, initiates browser's redirections, etc. Remember, if you are one of these Internet users, which have discovered Record Checker on their computer out of nowhere, you have to remove this application from it. For that, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Record Checker?
First of all, we recommend scanning your PC's system with updated anti-spyware and eliminating malicious entries. We recommend using SpyHunter in this case. Once you finish a scan, follow these steps:
Uninstall Record Checker via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for RecordChecker and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Fix each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall RecordChecker and similar entries that may be unknown for you.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find RecordChecker and similar unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for RecordChecker or similar extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: