Related Searches sidebar is a sign that your PC was affected by a potentially unwanted program or adware. In most of the cases, such programs are installed without asking an appropriate permission for that. They are spread in a form of web browser plugins, add-ons or extensions that are promised to help people improve their browsing experience. However, sometimes it seems that all what these apps can give are continuous pop-up notifications that are filled with predetermined links. If you click on such link, Related Searches redirects you to related site that pays for its help to increase web traffic or sales. So, if you noticed Related Searches sidebar during your searches, it means that you should be very careful with its ads. In this case, we recommend checking computer for this potentially unwanted program with one of our recommended anti-spywares below.
How can Related Searches infiltrate my computer?
Related Searches is related to another potentially unwanted program, known as Topic Torch. That's why you may notice that the most of its advertisements notify “brought to you by Topic Torch”. These programs are available at popular download sites and can be downloaded from them without any fee. However, they can also enter systems without you even knowing about it. In order to prevent infiltration of these adwares, you should know how they spread around. In most of the cases, they enter computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware as “optional downloads” that are added to them by default. In order to opt out of them, you should choose Custom or Advanced installation method every time you are trying to install freeware from the web. In addition, we also recommend following each installation step and then unchecking unfamiliar check boxes. Otherwise, you may allow Related Searches hijack your browsers and start displaying its questionable ads.
How to remove Related Searches sidebar virus?
Technically, Related Searches is not a virus and it can't pose a harm to you or your computer. However, some of its initiated activities have driven security experts' attention. That's its distribution methods and some of its additional activities. In order to avoid visiting insecure sites or installing other adwares on your computer, you should remove Related Searches virus. For that you can follow these steps:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Topic Torch, BeatTool, BrowseMark, BrowzBi, Laflurla, Okiitan, TasticSurf, TessView, ToggleMark, Webbelse, WebSpades, Bellaphant, Caramava, CocoChaos, EnhanceSoft, Four Finders, Glomatron, Mobeema, RambleRoam, TowerTilt, Traxxen, ScanTack and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.