What is Rocket Tab?
Rocket Tab is a potentially unwanted application, which spreads around in a form of browser add-on. We must note that this program is legitimate and should never be called a virus or malware. However, there are several things that cause our decision to include this program to our blog. First of all, RocketTab is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, what can hardly be called a fair distribution method. Once it infiltrates the system, it leaves its add-on on all Internet browsers that can be found on the system, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and others. As a result, you may find out that you can't use your favorite search site because every time you start your search session your browser redirects you to RocketTab. Beware that this search engine may return altered search results for you, redirect you to insecure sites and display commercial notifications.
How can Rocket Tab hijack my computer?
You can download RocketTab on your computer as a tool that promises to make your browsing more convenient. However, in most of the cases Rocket Tab is distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Of course, you can avoid its infiltration, you just need to know some things. First of all, you should pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware (choosing a Custom or Advanced installation process helps). In addition, you should find the checkmark that agrees to install RocketTab on the system. If you missed it, you can expect discovering this search engine instead of your start page and default search engine. Besides, in order to make money from advertising, this potentially unwanted program may track your online activities. Keep your computer protected; use a reliable security tool, avoid downloading unfamiliar programs and eliminate such intruders as Rocket Tab virus. In order to remove it from there, follow this guide:
How to remove Rocket Tab?
If you noticed that your start page or default search engine has changed to Rocket Tab, be sure that this search engine is inside your computer. In order to remove it from there, follow these instructions.
- Uninstall Rocket Tab from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Rocket Tab or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Rocket Tab extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Rocket Tab and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as Rocket Tab and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional)
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like Rocket Tab and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.
What is adware?
Adware is a program that displays advertisements while people are browsing online. Advertisements appear in a web browser, pop-up windows, special toolbars or within the host program. Adware also can gather information about user’s habits and interests. Once it collects what it needs, it sends it out through a background Internet connection. Such behavior allows adware vendors to deliver targeted advertisements to the end user and collect general statistics.
Adware is divided into parasitical and legitimate applications. Illegal advertising programs are very similar to spyware parasites and often have some of their functions. They can be installed without user's knowledge and start working every time a computer is rebooted. However, they are less dangerous than rogues because the most of such parasites are primarily intended to collect user’s personal information for marketing and advertising purposes. Unfortunately, you can never know what other purposes it can be used for.
Symptoms showing that your computer was affected by adware:
- Appearance of annoying pop-up ads
- Appearance of banners and in-text ads
- Redirects to unknown and suspicious websites
- Changes in homepage and default search engine
- Decreased speed of every Internet browser
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use