What is Rocket Tab?
Rocket Tab is a potentially unwanted application, which spreads around in a form of browser add-on. We must note that this program is legitimate and should never be called a virus or malware. However, there are several things that cause our decision to include this program to our blog. First of all, RocketTab is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, what can hardly be called a fair distribution method. In addition, as soon as it infiltrates the system, it may drop its own add-on on all Internet browsers that can be found on the system, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and others. As a result, you may find out that you can't use your favorite search site because every time you when you start your search session your browser redirects you to RocketTab. Beware that this search engine may return altered search results that may redirect you to insecure web sites. In most of the cases, such sites seek to increase their page rank or sales, but there is no guarantee that they won't trick you into installing suspicious software on your computer.
The clearest sign showing that this PUP is hiding in your computer is continuous Rocket Tab redirects that may try to interrupt each of your search sessions. However, some part of people who have been affected by this hijacker have also warned us about browser slow downs and unwanted pop-up ads that have also been interrupting them. If you want to avoid them, you should remove RocketTab virus without wasting you time. In order to get rid of this program for good, you should download SpyHunter, update it and then run a full system scan.
How can Rocket Tab hijack my computer?
You can download RocketTab on your computer as a tool that promises to make your browsing more convenient. However, in most of the cases Rocket Tab is distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Of course, you can avoid its infiltration, you just need to know some things. First of all, you should pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware (choosing a Custom or Advanced installation process helps). In addition, you should find the checkmark that agrees to install RocketTab on the system. If you missed it, you can expect discovering this search engine instead of your start page and default search engine. Besides, in order to make money from advertising, this potentially unwanted program may track your online activities. Keep your computer protected; use a reliable security tool, avoid downloading unfamiliar programs and eliminate such intruders as Rocket Tab virus. In order to remove it from there, follow this guide:
How to remove Rocket Tab virus?
If you have already noticed that your start page or default search engine has been changed to Rocket Tab or other unknown search site, be sure that this search engine is hiding inside your computer. In order to remove it from there, follow these instructions.
You can remove Rocket Tab automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Rocket Tab Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Rocket Tab and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Rocket Tab from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Rocket Tab from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Rocket Tab or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Rocket Tab from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Rocket Tab or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Rocket Tab from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Rocket Tab from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Rocket Tab from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Rocket Tab and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Rocket Tab removal.
Remove Rocket Tab from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Rocket Tab and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Rocket Tab removal.
Remove Rocket Tab from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Rocket Tab and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Rocket Tab removal.
Remove Rocket Tab from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Rocket Tab or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Rocket Tab, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Rocket Tab removal process.
Step 4: Complete Rocket Tab removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Rocket Tab registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Rocket Tab
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.