What is Safe.v9.com?
Safe.v9.com is another search engine, which has been added to browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program categories. That was done for a very simple reason - it is clear that this program was designed by people who are seeking to make other people to look at commercial content and earn the money from that. Beware that these and similar activities are not as harmless as they may seem from the first sight. By clicking ads or banners that are displayed to you by safe.v9.com developers, you may be tricked into visiting suspicious and untrustworthy websites. Besides, instead of helping you to find needed information, this search site may show you altered search results that are mostly displayed for the same aim. If you want to prevent Safe.v9.com redirects to potentially malicious websites, you should avoid this search site. Finally, just like v9.com and other search sites, it may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect information about your search sessions. Typically, such programs are interested in people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they add when visiting these websites, etc. In addition, they may also have ability to collect data about computer's IP address, its location, user's email address, etc. If you don't want to reveal such data for unknown parties, you need to stay away from safe.v9.com. No matter that it looks like a normal search engine, uses Google logo and has a word 'safe' in its name, it has been used for really suspicious activities. In addition, you should also know that it has been spread with a help of bundling. For more information about this distribution method, please check the next paragraph. Also, you should scan your computer with SpyHunter to avoid additional issues on your computer.
How can safe.v9.com hijack my computer?
safe.v9.com is promoted with a help of bundling. This distribution technique has been used for months because it is still considered harmless. If you want to avoid unexpected changes in your start page and the default search engine, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware. Make sure you opt only for Custom or Advanced installation option when downloading free programs to your computer. In addition, you should uncheck all pre-checked check marks that claim that you really want to change your system's settings. If Safe.v9.com browser hijacker enters the system, it modifies some of PC's parameters and starts annoying redirections to its affiliate websites. Typically, this virus modifies the start page, default search engine and the new tab page on each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once it does that, it starts making people to visit safe.v9.com instead of letting them enter their favorite search engines. If you are sure that you haven't altered your browsers, you should check your PC for the browser hijacker. For that, use updated anti-spyware.
HOW TO REMOVE safe.v9.com?
If you want to get rid of safe.v9.com virus from all your browsers,you are recommended following these steps.
You can remove safe.v9.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual safe.v9.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall safe.v9.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove safe.v9.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove safe.v9.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for safe.v9.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove safe.v9.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for safe.v9.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove safe.v9.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall safe.v9.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove safe.v9.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for safe.v9.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete safe.v9.com removal.
Remove safe.v9.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select safe.v9.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete safe.v9.com removal.
Remove safe.v9.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select safe.v9.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete safe.v9.com removal.
Remove safe.v9.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for safe.v9.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by safe.v9.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete safe.v9.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete safe.v9.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of safe.v9.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.