safe.v9.com is another search engine, which is clearly designed for a different reason than it should be. Instead of helping for users to find an online information, it returns altered search results and makes people visit potentially malicious websites. Beware that such sites may be involved not only to the distribution of the third party products, but may also infect your PC with malware by rerouting your search session to malicious site. Besides, safe.v9.com may start showing annoying pop-up advertisements that are also filled with sponsored links leading people to unwanted websites. Please, stay away from safe.v9.com no matter that it looks like a normal search engine and has a word 'safe' in its name. In reality, it closely relies on the browser hijacker that redirects people to this domain against their will.
WHY DO I SUFFER FROM safe.v9.com REDIRECTS?
safe.v9.com is promoted with a help of browser hijacker. This virus can easily enter its target PC system via security vulnerabilities that appear when users fail to update anti-virus and anti-spyware, and leave their PCs unprotected. As soon as it gets inside, hijacker modifies some of PC's parameters and starts annoying redirections. Typically, this virus modifies the start page, default search engine and new tab page, and makes people visit safe.v9.com instead of letting them enter reputable search engines. If you are sure that you haven't altered the settings of your browsers, you should check your PC for the browser hijacker. For that, use updated anti-spyware.
HOW TO REMOVE safe.v9.com REDIRECT VIRUS?
If you want to get rid of safe.v9.com from all your browsers,you are recommended following these steps. Don't forget to scan the system with updated SpyHunter to make sure that your machine if free of potentially malicious files.
First of all, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Safe.v9.com and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Now, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Safe.v9.com and other entries that may be unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Safe.v9.com and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for Safe.v9.com extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
We might be affiliated with any product we recommend on the site. Full disclosure in our Agreement of Use.
and agreement of use