Is SafeSearch a reliable search engine?
SafeSearch (or SafeSear.ch) is a "browser hijacker" that may invade your computer without your permission asked. So, if you have just discovered it on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browser, you should know that that was done not without of no reason. Once this program hijacks each of your web browsers, it starts blocking well-known search engines and redirects its victims to predetermined websites. This is mostly done for trying to promote these sites and increase the number of their visitors. However, people can hardly know what website they will be redirected to because SafeSearch.net is supported by third parties that can easily decide what they want to promote without its developers knowledge. So, you should be very careful with this search site because you may be tricked into visiting harmful websites that are used for spreading unsafe programs. Besides, this questionable search engine may also block the access to some of your Internet resources without your permission asked and then cause unexpected advertisements or pop-ups with commercial or pornographic content. Beware that SafeSearch can update itself via the Internet, so it can also be used to track people and steal personal information from their computers. If you want to keep your PC secure, you should get rid of this search engine without wasting your time. You can do that with a help of a guide that is given below.
How can I install SafeSearch hijacker?
SafeSearch is suspicious search engine not only because of its redirects and pop-up ads. That is because it is also spread using questionable and doubtful methods. One of such methods is known as 'bundling' and is closely related to freeware and shareware. To stay safe and prevent infiltration of such programs as SafeSearch virus, you should start checking what programs you use. Please, avoid questionable, illegal and suspicious programs when trying to avoid SafeSearch. Also, if you decide to install a free program from the Internet and think that it is safe, select Custom or Advanced installation method. After that, follow every installation step of the freeware and opt out of such potentially unwanted programs like this one. You need to uncheck all check boxes that offer you to change your start page and default search engine because this may easily allow installation of this suspicious search engine. If it manages to get on its target PC system, it may modify your PC's settings and start running every time you reboot your computer. If you want to avoid redirects that appear on each of your browsing session, continuous pop-up ads, and similar unwanted activities, you should remove SafeSearch from your computer.
If you are suffering from SafeSear.ch redirects, pop-up ads, and other inconveniences, you should waste no time because your PC is affected by a browser hijacker. Such programs should be avoided because they may track people, show commercial content in their search results, cause redirects to needed websites and so on. These activities may lead you into downloading dangerous programs or even viruses on your computer. Act now and check your PC with updated anti-spyware or follow a guide below if you want to keep your PC safe.SafeSearch properties:
• Shows commercial adverts
• Hides from the user
• Stays resident in background
You can remove SafeSearch automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
SafeSearch manual removal
aanyvkcf.exe, safesearch.exe, rgzcdhtn.exe
Delete registry values:
HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\Trusted External Applications\%System%\aanyvkcf.exe=yes
aanyvkcf.exe, safesearch.exe, rgzcdhtn.exe, safesearch.dll, _safesearch.dll
Step 2. Remove SafeSearch from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove SafeSearch from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove SafeSearch from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove SafeSearch from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove SafeSearch from Safari
Remove SafeSearch from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove SafeSearch from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for SafeSearch or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove SafeSearch from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for SafeSearch or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove SafeSearch from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for SafeSearch and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete SafeSearch removal.
Remove SafeSearch from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select SafeSearch and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete SafeSearch removal.
Remove SafeSearch from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select SafeSearch and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete SafeSearch removal.
Remove SafeSearch from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for SafeSearch or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by SafeSearch, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete SafeSearch removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of SafeSearch
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on SafeSearch
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.