What is Search Donkey?
Search Donkey is a questionable browser add-on, which can get inside your PC system either with or without your permission asked. According to official information, which is given on the Internet, this add-on is created by WebAppTech Coding, LLC for helping to improve browsing experience for PC users. However, SearchDonkey can not only show quick search links from Google, AOL, Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter and other websites. It can also start interrupting your browsing sessions with different kinds of pop-up ads that may be filled with various links and other components. In most of the cases, such links are displayed only for redirecting people to unknown domains that are related to Search Donkey and seek to increase their page rank or sales. In addition, this program may also be set to record users' browsing history and may collect data, which is related to their search terms, data that is entered on each of websites, email addresses, Information about PC's location, IP address, etc. In most of the cases, this information is especially important for marketing companies and other third parties but there is no guarantee that it won't show up in hackers' hands.
If you haven't installed this browser add-on consciously and now you are suffering from continuous Search Donkey ads or other issues that can be initiated by this program, you should remove it from your computer without wasting your time. You can do that with a help of manual removal guide, which is given down below, or by using automatic removal option. We think that you should select this removal option because Search Donkey virus may be hiding deep inside your PC system. This means that it may try to reappear on your computer after rebooting it. In order to avoid that, you should run a full system scan with SpyHunter and get rid of malicious files that will be detected by this program.
HOW CAN SEARCH DONKEY hijack MY COMPUTER?
Search Donkey is distributed via two different methods. First one is harmless because it needs going to program's official website and downloading it from there. However, Search Donkey can also get on its target computer in one pack with other software. According to experts, this unwanted program can be installed with the Delta Search, WebCake and other freeware, which is always filled with various components. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation and uncheck all entries that look unfamiliar for you. When this add-on is downloaded, Search Donkey affects all web browsers that are installed on the PC. In addition, it starts showing its pop-up ads with product offers and initiates other activities that may cause privacy related issues. It's highly recommended to remove Search Donkey from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Search Donkey virus?
When trying to uninstall Search Donkey and get rid of its annoying pop-up ads, you should go to 'Add/Remove Programs' or 'Programs and features' and eliminate suspicious entries from there. In addition, you should use these steps:
You can remove Search Donkey automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Search Donkey from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Search Donkey from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Search Donkey from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Search Donkey from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Search Donkey from Safari
Remove Search Donkey from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Search Donkey from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search Donkey or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Search Donkey from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search Donkey or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search Donkey from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search Donkey and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search Donkey removal.
Remove Search Donkey from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search Donkey and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search Donkey removal.
Remove Search Donkey from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search Donkey and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search Donkey removal.
Remove Search Donkey from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search Donkey or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search Donkey removal process.
Complete Search Donkey removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search Donkey registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Search Donkey
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Search Donkey
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.