search.iminent.com virus is a browser hijacker that is capable of affecting probably all browsers that can be installed on the system and used by the user. As soon as it infiltrates the system, it starts such unwanted activities as changing homepage/start page settings, reinstalling browser engines, displaying continuous pop-up ads and even slowing its target computer. However, the most annoying result of having this virus inside the system is constant search.iminent.com redirects to affiliate domains that collect their visitors in this way. After a closer look, it should also be mentioned that search.iminent.com virus can also start tracking its victim's browsing habits and collect various information about him/her. If you noticed that this program started interrupting you and redirecting you to unknown places, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and remove all suspicious programs from it.
HOW CAN SEARCH.IMINENT.COM VIRUS HIJACK MY SYSTEM?
Just like many other browser hijakckers, search.iminent.com virus is mostly installed on the system after clicking a misleading link. Besides, there are hundreds of free programs, such as file conventers and similar apps, that ask people to install Iminent on their computers so that they 'could work properly'. However, after installing Iminent Toolbar on the system, you may also receive an unwanted delivery, which is search.iminent.com. As a result, you may start noticing constant interruptions when you are browsing the Web and may even find yourself disabled from using your favorite search engines, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. Instead of them, you may be pushed to use search.iminent.com, which is typically presented as powerful search engine capable of providing tons of useful online information. In order to stop search.iminent.com redirections, you are highly recommended to remove this browser hijacker from your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE SEARCH.IMINENT.COM VIRUS?
In order to remove Search.iminent.com virus, we don't recommend doing that manually because it requires extensive knowledge about computers and their architecture. Instead of that, you should simply scan your PC with legitimate anti-spyware program. The most powerful in browser hijacker removal is SpyHunter, but you can also try running STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
In order to remove search.iminent.com manually, you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall programs that are related to V9 virus:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Iminent Toolbar, Iminent and all those entries that have 'coupon', 'discount', etc. in their name.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
Remove Trovi from your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar plugins (Iminent toolbar, etc.) and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove search.iminent.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Iminent toolbar, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate search.iminent.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to reset Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Iminent Toolbar, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate search.iminent.com by clicking on the "X" and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines...' and add your preferred domain name.
For more information about Redirect issue and how to get rid of it, you should read this post: Google redirect: how to remove this virus.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use