What is Search.iminent.com?
Search.iminent.com is a questionable search engine, which has been included to browser hijacker categoy. This means that it is capable of affecting probably all browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) that can be installed on the system and used by the user. As soon as it does that, it may start causing such unwanted activities as various system changes. Beware that it may easily change your start page or default search engine. In addition, you may notice that you can't use your favorite search engines because you are redirected from Google or Bing to Iminent Search site. Besides, you may notice continuous pop-up ads during your browsing that promote suspicious third parties. Please, do NOT click these ads because they may redirect you to unknwn and questionable websites that may be used for promoting really suspicious software. We think that these constant search.iminent.com redirects to affiliate domains is the most annoying result of having this virus inside the system. Besides, it seems that it may collect information about people's browsing habits and may record people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, etc. If you have already noticed that this program is interrupting you and is redirecting you to unknown places, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and remove all suspicious programs from it. Our recommended tool is SpyHunter.
HOW CAN SEARCH.IMINENT.COM HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Just like many other browser hijakckers and potentially unwanted programs, search.iminent.com virus is mostly spread with a help of freeware. Yes, you can easily decide that you want to make this search engine your start page or default search engine but we really don't recommend that. In order to avoid search.iminent.com infiltration, you have to start monitoring installation of the freeware because there are hundreds of free programs, such as file conventers, download managers, video streaming software and similar apps, that are used to trick people to install Iminent on their computers so that they could 'work properly' or so that they could 'improve their browsing on the web'. However, after installing Iminent Toolbar on the system, you may also receive an unwanted delivery, which is search.iminent.com. As a result, you may start noticing constant interruptions when you are browsing the Web and may even find yourself disabled from using your favorite search engines, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. Instead of them, you may be pushed to use search.iminent.com, which is typically presented as powerful search engine capable of providing tons of useful online information. In order to avoid search.iminent.com redirects, you are highly recommended to select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware because it will help you to opt out of this and similar questionable additions. If you want to remove this browser hijacker from your computer, please use a guide below.
HOW CAN I REMOVE SEARCH.IMINENT.COM VIRUS?
In order to remove Search.iminent.com virus, we don't recommend doing that manually because it requires extensive knowledge about computers and their architecture. Instead of that, you should follow these steps:
You can remove Search.iminent.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Search.iminent.com virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Search.iminent.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.iminent.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.iminent.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Search.iminent.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.iminent.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.iminent.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.iminent.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.iminent.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.iminent.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.iminent.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Search.iminent.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.iminent.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.iminent.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Search.iminent.com virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.iminent.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Search.iminent.com virus
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.