What problems can Search.searcheasyma.com browser hijacker cause?
Search.searcheasyma.com virus is also known as SearchEasyMa.com virus. Both of these URLs can start appearing your web browsers thanks to useless tools created by Polarity Technologies, Ltd., a company that has published over a dozen of annoying browser hijackers so far. Programs this company creates are unlikely to add any additional value to your computer system or enhance your browsing sessions. All of these potentially unwanted programs (PUP) are designed to sneak into the computer system and alter browser settings without explicitly notifying the computer user beforehand. As soon as the PC user experiences what Search.searcheasyma.com hijack is, Easy Maps Access extension strikes root into Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other popular web browsers. Once the extension settles down, web browsers will forget about the previous homepage address and load Search.searcheasyma.com search engine instead.
This search tool is highly suspicious and might be dangerous, so that’s why we recommend you to remove Search.searcheasyma.com as soon as you can. Now, let us explain why we consider this search engine untrustworthy. Despite the aggressive break-through into the computer system, Search.searcheasyma.com redirect virus attempts to force you to use a search engine that will deliver sponsored results every time you attempt to use it. It might unexpectedly redirect you to sites that you had no intention of visiting, and only to generate revenue by making you visit websites controlled by its sponsors. We doubt that companies that collaborate with developers of spyware-type programs can be trustworthy; therefore, we suggest you stay away from any ads, sponsored search results, and other forms of ads delivered by Easy Maps Access PUP.
Finally, we have no doubts that you must learn how this PUP analyzes data that it collects about you. It sneakily says that every individual who uses the SearchEasyMa search engine “consents to grant Polarity permission to collect [..] URLS and search data, including search queries that may contain personally identifiable information, share them with 3rd parties and use search-related cookies.” Later on, collected data is combined with a unique ID and use it for “improvement of the services” and “presentation of offers for other products, offerings, programs, features and services that may be of interest to you.” To put it shortly, collected data is going to be used to deliver you catchy-looking ads containing mysterious links within them. If you activate them, you can come across highly hazardous third-party sites full of inappropriate or threat-posing content. We highly suggest you get rid of this insincere application ASAP – you can delete it using Search.searcheasyma.com removal tutorial that we provided for you.
How can I avoid installation of unwanted programs?
Be suspicious of free software suggested on file sharing sites on the world wide web. When browsing the Internet, you might also receive aggressive offers to get “indispensable” programs for free, but better think twice before hitting that “Download” button. Many free programs are promoted using most attractive marketing techniques, they can look super useful and requisite, however, do not be fooled by all these tricks used by software developers. Most of such programs carry additional components alongside them, which turn out to be potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs (in most cases). You can easily miss the suggestions to install them if you rush to install new programs quickly – so better be careful and adjust the installation settings with extra care. You must switch the selection from pre-selected one to Custom or Advanced one. These settings will provide you with the opportunity to see additional programs added to your download and will also allow you to drop them off.
It’s time to remove Search.searcheasyma.com browser hijacker: what’s the best way to do it?
Our team advises choosing the automatic Search.searcheasyma.com removal option because it is always easier to let anti-malware program fix your PC instead of trying to delete unnecessary files and adjust modified settings manually. For this reason, we suggest using one of anti-malware or anti-spyware programs listed below the article. However, if you seek to remove Search.searcheasyma.com virus manually, you can use these easy-to-follow guidances given down below.
You can remove Search.searcheasyma.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Search.searcheasyma.com virus Removal Guide:
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Windows systems
If you find some suspicious programs in your system, uninstall them according to these instructions. You do not need some shady programs running in the background and using your computer’s resources for their needs.
- Uninstall Search.searcheasyma.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.searcheasyma.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.searcheasyma.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.searcheasyma.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.searcheasyma.com removal.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com virus from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Search.searcheasyma.com should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
If your other browsers were hit by this browser hijacker, most likely Firefox will be infected, too. To cure this questionable virtual infection, carry out instructions that we present below. Your goal is to find and delete Easy Maps Access extension.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searcheasyma.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.searcheasyma.com removal.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Google Chrome
The described browser hijacker inserts Easy Maps Access into Chrome. Remove this extension using guidelines shown below.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searcheasyma.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.searcheasyma.com removal.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.searcheasyma.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.searcheasyma.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.searcheasyma.com removal process.