Search The Web virus is a totally annoying application, which is closely related to Search.iminent.com. This program has ability to initiate serious havoc in user's browsing sessions by redirecting him/her to unknown websites, showing commercial notifications or simply slowing down the browser. Besides, the activity of Search The Web virus frequently involves changes in the browser home page and default search engine. If you noticed that you are continuously redirected to Search.iminent.com, you should check your PC for Search The Web virus. Otherwise, it may be infected with a more serious computer parasite, such as rogue or ransomware or you may lose your personal information.
HOW CAN SEARCH THE WEB VIRUS INFILTRATE COMPUTER?
Search The Web virus is distributed using various methods: it can be downloaded just like any other application from CNET and similar websites or get inside the system in a bundle with other programs. In this case, it may look that Search The Web infiltrated your machine just like rogue or ransomware. However, it wouldn't get ability to come inside the PC if users would pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware and shareware. Please, when installing free applications on your computer, always check boxes that offer downloading free additions to computer and unmark them. Once Search The Web gets inside the system, it occupies all web browsers that are installed on the system and starts its continuous activity, which is based on browser's redirections to affiliate sites. If you noticed such activity on your computer, you should check your PC with updated anti-spyware or follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE SEARCH THE WEB VIRUS?
If you want to remove Search the Web virus, you should firstly scan your computer with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for that. After removing malicious files from the system, follow these steps:
* Eliminate Searchgol.com via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search The Web, Search Iminent and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Ividi Search add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Search The Web, Search Iminent and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of search.iminent.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Search The Web, Search Iminent and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Search The Web, Search Iminent and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.