What is Search.us.com?
Search.us.com is a questionable search engine, which belongs to browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program categories. Programs that are categorized as hijackers are capable of causing various issues for their victims. Beware that they can modify your start page and the default search engine on each of your web browsers, start causing redirects to Search.us.com and other sites, show you altered search results, slow downs your browsers and so on. If you have been convinced that this page is a normal search engine, you should stop doing that because this site has nothing to do with Google or Bing. It's a commercial search engine, so it means that it can cause continuous redirections to unknown websites. Besides, it can also start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites and data that you add when visiting your favorite sites.
Please, keep in mind that Search us.com is considered a potentially unwanted program, so you should avoid it. If it has already been annoying you with its redirects to unknown domains, pop-up ads and other unwanted activities, you should waste no time and check your computer with updated anti-spyware. Otherwise, you may end up on a questionable site that may be used for spreading other suspicious programs. Besides, you may lose your personally non-identifiable information what may lead you to an increased amount of spam. The easiest way to remove Search.us.com is by running a full system scan with SpyHunter.
HOW CAN Search.us.com hijack my computer?
Most of the time, user is innocent for the appearance of this search engine on each of his/hers web browsers. That's because Search.us.com hijacker has been actively spread with the help of freeware and shareware as an optional component. In order to avoid that, you should keep in mind that adwares, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs can easily hide inside the freeware as optional components. Fortunately, you can prevent their infiltration by selecting Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. Of course, this is not the end. Another thing that you should do is to uncheck all suspicious check marks saying that you want to make Search.us.com your start page or the default search engine. Otherwise, it may start causing continuous redirections to unknown websites, continuous pop-up and and other things that may appear on your web browser no matter which of them is used by you. If you have just noticed such unwanted activity on your computer, you should never ignore it because it may lead your PC to additional issues. In order to remove this search engine from your computer, please, use a guide below.
HOW CAN REMOVE Search.us.com virus?
To uninstall browser hijacker that causes annoying redirections to Search.us.com and other websites, we recommend using SpyHunter. If you choose manual removal, you will need to uninstall Search us.com from your control panel and fix all affected web browsers separately. However, this won’t help you to make sure that you are completely safe from Search.us.com virus.
You can remove Search.us.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Search.us.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Search.us.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Search.us.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Search.us.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Search.us.com from Safari
Remove Search.us.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Search.us.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.us.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.us.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.us.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.us.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.us.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.us.com removal.
Remove Search.us.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.us.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.us.com removal.
Remove Search.us.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.us.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.us.com removal.
Remove Search.us.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.us.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.us.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.us.com removal process.
Complete Search.us.com virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.us.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on Search.us.com virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.