Searchgol.com (can also be found as Search-Gol) is annoying search engine, which may show up on your computer instead of your favorite search engine. Typically, it replaces homepage and default search engine without an appropriate permission asked. No matter that there are numerous websites that call this program a virus, it can only be called a potentially unwanted program (PUP) because it sneaks inside the system in a bundle with other programs and initiates some changes on the system. In a long term, Search-Gol starts displaying advertisements and sponsored links in user's search results, and may also be used to collect information about user's browsing habits. In order to avoid that, you should remove Searchgol.com from your computer.
HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD Searchgol.com?
Searchgol.com is distributed just like any other PUP – it can infiltrate computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. For avoiding it, you should pay attention to the whole installation process of the program you want to install and uncheck the check box that agrees to change the start page or default search engine to Searchgol.com. If it manages to get inside the PC, it immediately settles down there and starts working on what it is created for – advertising revenue. Just like always, we recommend using more reputable search engines. If you want to remove Search-Gol from your computer, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Searchgol.com?
If you want to get rid of Searchgol.com, follow these steps:
* Eliminate Searchgol.com via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Searchgol.com and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Ividi Search add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Searchgol.com and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of searchgol.com for good.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Searchgol.com and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Searchgol.com and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
Finally, scan your computer with STOPzilla or SpyHunter to make sure that your computer is not infected with more serious viruses.
We might be affiliated with any product we recommend on the site. Full disclosure in our Agreement of Use.
and agreement of use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: