What is Searchgol.com?
Searchgol.com (can also be found as Search-Gol, Search Gol, etc.) is annoying search engine, which may show up on your computer instead of your favorite search engine. In most of the cases, it happens after installing unknown program that is promoted for free. Typically, this method is known as bundling and you should be very careful when downloading freeware and shareware if you want to avid it. For more information about that you should check the next paragraph. If Searchgol.com has already replaced your homepage and a default search engine without your appropriate permission asked, you should know that this program may show you altered search results. In addition, it may cause annoying ads during your search sessions, slow downs and other unwanted activities that can be avoided only by eliminating this hijacker from the system. No matter that there are numerous websites that call this search engine a virus, it can only be called a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or a browser hijacker because we have to admit that we haven't noticed any relation to malware. However, you should beware that it may sneaks into your PC system in a bundle with other programs and then may initiate changes on it. In a long term, Search-Gol may starts displaying advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may also be used to collect information about your browsing habits. We think that people should avoid programs that are capable of collecting data that is related to their browsing habits.
If you have just discovered Search Gol virus on each of your web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others) you should download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-spyware that could help you get rid of this hijacker. Also, make sure you don't use again if you want to avoid altered search results and similar issues.
HOW CAN Searchgol.com hijack my computer?
Searchgol.com is distributed just like any other Potentially unwanted program what means that it can infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. For avoiding it, you should pay attention to the whole installation process of the program that you want to install and uncheck the check box that agrees to change your start page or a default search engine to Searchgol.com. In order to get such ability, you should opt for Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. In addition, you should try to monitor every installation step and uncheck pre-checked check marks. If it manages to get inside the PC, it may immediately settle down on each of your web browsers. After doing so, it may start working on what it is created for – collecting advertising revenue. It is collected by causing Search Gol redirects to affiliate websites that seek to increase their page rank or sales. Just like always, we recommend using more reputable search engines. If you want to remove Search-Gol from your computer, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Searchgol.com virus?
If you want to get rid of Searchgol.com, follow these steps:
You can remove Searchgol.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Searchgol.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Searchgol.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Searchgol.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Searchgol.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Searchgol.com from Safari
Remove Searchgol.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Searchgol.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Searchgol.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Searchgol.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Searchgol.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Searchgol.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Searchgol.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Searchgol.com removal.
Remove Searchgol.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Searchgol.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Searchgol.com removal.
Remove Searchgol.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Searchgol.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Searchgol.com removal.
Remove Searchgol.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Searchgol.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Searchgol.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Searchgol.com removal process.
Complete Searchgol.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Searchgol.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Searchgol.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.