Searchnu.com/406 looks like a search engine that can be used for the same purpose as Google, Bing or other search page. This domain belongs to the IAC Search & Media, Inc, which owns ask.com, search-results.com and other similar domains. However, a big part of security experts have started to include Searchnu.com/406 to the category of browser hijackers that tend to replace the default home page settings and cause annoying redirections to Searchnu.com/406 or other domains. Just like Searchnu.com, Searchnu.com/406 browser hijacker gets inside the PC as a bundle with other programs and goes straight to modify the settings of your browser. As a result, the default homepage is replaced with Searchnu.com/406 and almost every user's search ends on this domain.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Searchnu.com/406 REDIRECT VIRUS?
This browser hijacker is usually downloaded in a package with other programs. Mostly, that's freeware applications that include components in their package and, if you forget to uncheck those programs, they can automatically be downloaded. On the moment you let Searchnu.com/406 inside, the browser gets modified and you will discover a new home page on your PC. According to victims, Searchnu.com/406 browser hijacker can't be stopped by simply uninstalling it from the Add/Remove programs list. If you have also found difficulties when trying to remove Searchnu.com/406 from your computer, follow our quick guide that should help you to remove your browser hijacker from the system.
HOW CAN I REMOVE SEARCHNU.com/406?
Don't think that you can remove Searchnu.com/406 from PC by simply uninstalling the freeware, which downloaded it for you. Firstly, you should remove all the components and search engine providers from your computer. Before that, scan the PC with reputable anti-spyware program, which will eliminate browser hijackers from the system. Besides, you are also recommended to remove all the compoments of searchnu from all the browsers you are using. If your anti-spyware program has searchnu.com/406 included in its virus database, it will remove them automatically. We recommend using STOPzilla or SpyHunter anti-spywares.
To remove Searchqu Toolbar, follow these steps:
You can remove Searchnu.com/406 automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Searchnu.com/406 Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Searchnu.com/406 and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Searchnu.com/406 or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Searchnu.com/406 or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Searchnu.com/406 from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Searchnu.com/406 and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Searchnu.com/406 removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Searchnu.com/406 and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Searchnu.com/406 removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Searchnu.com/406 and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Searchnu.com/406 removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Searchnu.com/406 or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Searchnu.com/406, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Searchnu.com/406 removal process.
Step 4: Complete Searchnu.com/406 removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Searchnu.com/406 registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Searchnu.com/406
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.