Searchnu.com/406 looks like a search engine that can be used for the same purpose as Google, Bing or other search page. This domain belongs to the IAC Search & Media, Inc, which owns ask.com, search-results.com and other similar domains. However, a big part of security experts have started to include Searchnu.com/406 to the category of browser hijackers that tend to replace the default home page settings and cause annoying redirections to Searchnu.com/406 or other domains. Just like Searchnu.com, Searchnu.com/406 browser hijacker gets inside the PC as a bundle with other programs and goes straight to modify the settings of your browser. As a result, the default homepage is replaced with Searchnu.com/406 and almost every user's search ends on this domain.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Searchnu.com/406 REDIRECT VIRUS?
This browser hijacker is usually downloaded in a package with other programs. Mostly, that's freeware applications that include components in their package and, if you forget to uncheck those programs, they can automatically be downloaded. On the moment you let Searchnu.com/406 inside, the browser gets modified and you will discover a new home page on your PC. According to victims, Searchnu.com/406 browser hijacker can't be stopped by simply uninstalling it from the Add/Remove programs list. If you have also found difficulties when trying to remove Searchnu.com/406 from your computer, follow our quick guide that should help you to remove your browser hijacker from the system.
HOW CAN I REMOVE SEARCHNU.com/406?
Don't think that you can remove Searchnu.com/406 from PC by simply uninstalling the freeware, which downloaded it for you. Firstly, you should remove all the components and search engine providers from your computer. Before that, scan the PC with reputable anti-spyware program, which will eliminate browser hijackers from the system. Besides, you are also recommended to remove all the compoments of searchnu from all the browsers you are using. If your anti-spyware program has searchnu.com/406 included in its virus database, it will remove them automatically. We recommend using STOPzilla or SpyHunter anti-spywares.
To remove Searchqu Toolbar, follow these steps:
1. Toolbar can be removed from add/remove programs list which is located in control panel.
2. Toolbar in Interent Explorer must be remove from the internet explorer add-ons list, which is located under the tools tab in the explorer. the you need to set other search engine as a default one and remove "search results" line.
3. To Remove Home page, you need to go to the explorer settings, tools tab, selects internet options and general tab there. Change the http://www.searchnu.com/406 url to the page you like to start with.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Click on the magnifying glass search icon and select Manage Search Engines. remove "search results" line there.
2. go to browser tools tab, them Options and general tab. Reset you home page there. There will be http://www.searchnu.com/406 page, change it to the page you want firefox to start.
3. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter. In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL. and delete search-results.com there. The string value can be changed to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=
1. Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon and select Settings. Choose basic options there and change the http://www.searchnu.com/406 url to the page you like to start with.
2. Press Manage Search Engines button and make the default search engine google.com there. Also delete "search results" line from the list.
If you are still redirected to Searchnu.com/406 or find this page instead your homepage, check every step on this guide: how to stop redirections on Google/Bing/Yahoo?
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: