Searchpage.com is annoying search site, which can easily show up on your computer out of nowhere. After that, it immediately affects all Internet browsers and starts annoying redirections to unknown websites. Some of these sites may be just regular websites that seek to sell something. However, you should also beware that sometimes Searchpage.com may redirect you to insecure domain, which spreads malware. That’s why we have to repeat for another time that we recommend using more reputable search sites instead of Searchpage.com. The safest decision would be relying on Google, Yahoo and Bing. In addition, if you noticed this site on your machine, you are also recommended to remove it.
HOW CAN SEARCHPAGE.COM INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
Searchpage.com is promoted with a help of shareware and freeware as a free addition. This method is quite unfair because you can easily miss this sentence that notifies about installation of this search site. If you want to avoid Searchpage.com, you have to uncheck the checkbox, which agrees with the installation of this program. As soon as it enters the system, Searchpage.com immediately alters some settings of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Typically, it ads its own start page and default search engine. After that, it starts its annoying routine, which consists of altered search results, redirections to unknown websites and commercial ads. Clearly, this is done for a very simple reason – monetization.
HOW TO REMOVE SEARCHPAGE.COM?
We must note that Searchpage.com is not a virus or malware. It's just an annoying search engine, which can be removed with a help of this guide:
- Uninstall Search Page via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Searchpage.com and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Searchpage.com add-on from IE, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Searchpage.com and other entries that may be unknown for you.
Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Searchpage.com and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Searchpage.com and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Finally, scan the system with updated anti-spyware. For that we recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.